Chapter 8

"You are very lucky to have her"

Enzo:

"Hi I hope I'm not interrupting anything I'm just here to set up the bed for a girl who's just finishing up in surgery", she says. "Aria"? Lexi asks as she nods. "Yes she's just finishing up in surgery so you'll be seeing her shortly can I get you guys anything"? She asks.

"No we are okay thank you, is she okay"? Santi asks. "She's perfectly fine she'll still be under anaesthetic when placed in here but that will take up to 24 hours to wear off", she says. "We will have more information for you all once she is with you guys so if you could just hold on until we can get her sorted that would be great", she says as we all nod.

"Before I go could I ask who Enzo Marchetti is"? She asks as everyone turns to me. "That's me", i say. "We just need to file a few details for her file that will be kept at the end of her bed which have a few blanks if you'd be okay to fill that out", she says handing me a file with some paper at the front before leaving.

There wasn't much to fill out just minor details like age, contact numbers, and questions on dates and times from the previous night. By the time it was all filled out she had come back a heart monitor and other sources with wires which will be hooked up to aria once she's here.

"I just wanted to quickly mention that she is going to look a lot better when she arrives as her bodies adjusting to the blood we transferred so her skin will start to come back to the normal colour and she will no longer feel cold to touch", she says. "Although the blood she had over her body covered a lot of marks and bruises so they will be more visible", she says.

"She will be in a gown which will cover most of it but she will still have visible marks, cuts, bruises and some visible stitches on her arms, legs and face but it's nothing to worry about I just wanted to pre warn you guys", she adds finishing setting up the equipment.

"She will be in this room for the first 24 hours and then we will have to move her to a single room as nobody else is in her condition, plus it gives her a bit of privacy instead of being in a busy room with possible stranger that come", she says.

"I just need to change two of the dressings for you guys then I'll head down to collect aria", she says looking at me and Lexi. She cleans us both up swapping the old dressing into some new ones before heading out.

"Do you want us to leave and wait in the cafeteria whilst she's settling in and come back later"? Santi asks. "No it's okay you guys can stay", i reply as we hear the wheels of a bed down the corridor. I stand up at the end of my bed as she's transferred into the room being lifted into her new bed.

My heart aches even more for her she looks worse than before. I walk over to her bed as everyone stays sat watching the nurse placing a drip in her arm and placing wires on her chest. She lifts the blanket covering her legs showing the only bruising to be on her arms and face.

"How about we go and get some drinks for everyone", Santi says to the others as they all nod in agreement and walk out. I pull up a chair beside her bed placing her hand in mine watching the monitors turn on beeping in all ways.

"She's going to be okay mr Marchetti she's a strong girl you are very lucky to have her", the nurse says before walking away. She had a black eye and a swollen lip, her arms were cut and had bruises down them alongside a couple peering out from the top of her gown along her chest.

She had a tube inserted into her mouth connected to a machine that fed her oxygen to keep her alive. Looking at her made me feel worse, I couldn't get to her in time I should have never booked that meal otherwise this would have never happened. It's my fault she's in hospital, and it's my fault my babies now dead.

Lexi:

"Do you think he's okay"? I ask looking at the boys sat across from me. "He'll be okay it's just shock", Santi says. "He's blaming himself for what happened to her and the baby", he adds. "None of this is his fault but I understand why he feels that way", i reply.

"We just need to give him some time with her before going back", Caleb says. "They'll be needing our beds back tomorrow that's probably why they will be switching aria into a separate room", i say. "We can't all stay here together some of us will have to go back to the house to keep things in order plus Enzo will probably want things fetching for him and aria when she wakes", Santi says.

"We'll phone Enzos parents in the morning for the update on aria they are probably asleep right now so I don't want to wake them", i say. "Then we'll head back to the house, you can take whatever Enzo wants and I'll get a bag for aria", i say to Caleb as he nods.

"He'll want men taking turns setup around the area to make sure nothing happens", Caleb says. "He'll have ash and a few others dotted around the building and outside her door probably", i reply. "His parents will probably want to come down and see her at some point tomorrow so we have to make sure we leave early to get everything sorted before she wakes up", i say.

We finish talking and deciding what we are going to be doing tomorrow before heading back to the room. We walk in to see Enzo sat on a chair beside her bed with his head on the edge of her bed fast asleep hand in hand. "Don't wake him up let him rest", Santi says as I pull the blanket off his bed and placing it over him. "Goodnight guys", i say before walking over to my own bed.

1089 words

Make sure to vote 🤍