xiv, seen this film before

s e e n  t h i s  f i l m  b e f o r e
venus.

━━━━━━━

"This is so fun," Venus said as she splashed Percy with water. 

"Yes, I'm poisoned, so fun," He said, sarcastically. 

"The water cured him back at camp, it should work for poison too, right?" Annabeth asked.

"You know, I think- I think it's working," Percy said. "This was a great call," he said, as they stopped splashing him and he tried to stand up but fell, accidentally splashing Venus with water.

"Or not," he said. Venus had started to feel scared. Percy was pale as a ghost with the area around his eyes, slightly red. No one knows what could happen.

"Maybe it needs to naturally running water for Poseidon to be able to heal him," Annabeth said. 

"That is absurd-" Venus was cut off by cars crashing and people gasping. She jumped and turned around. Her eyes widened when she saw a car flying and then crashing into another.

"Okay. We need to go back inside," Annabeth said.

"No, we need to keep trying!" Grover said, frustratedly. 

"But this isn't working!" Venus exclaimed as she looked back

"And she's coming!" Annabeth exclaimed. They turned around and gasped when they saw Echidna walking towards them slowly yet terrifyingly"Okay, look, we'll take Percy inside, and we'll go to the temple's altar. " She said.

"Altar? Where is there an altar?" Grover asked as the three stood up.

"The highest point, the best view," Annabeth said.

"Okay, but what good is that even gonna do us?" Grover asked.

"We're gonna get to the altar and we're gonna ask my mom for help," Annabeth said.

"I thought we don't ask for help?" Percy asked. Annabeth looked at Echidna.

"Come on," she said as Venus and Grover picked up Percy and stepped out of the fountain.

"Guys, did you- did you hear that?" Annabeth asked after she stopped.

"Hear what?" Venus and Grover asked, stopping as well.

"Never mind. Let's go," She said and then they ran inside.

They settled inside the empty tram, breathing heavily when Percy asked, "What was that back there? what did you hear?" Annabeth glanced at him before staring into the ground.

"Beth, what did you hear?" Venus asked, impatiently.

"She spoke with you. Alecto did that with me back in the museum in New York," Percy said, figuring it out. "What did she say?"

Annabeth gasped as she looked outside and Venus followed her gaze. "What is she doing here? Annabeth, what is she doing here?!" Venus exclaimed and then the door closed.

"Was that the chimera?" Grover asked. "I think- I think that was the chimera."

"How did the chimera even get inside here?" Grover asked. "How did any monster get inside?"

"Annabeth?" Percy asked.

"We're in a sanctuary. Athena would have had to let her in, but why would she do that?" Grover said and Venus looked at him after staring at Annabeth, her eyes widening.

"Annabeth!" Percy exclaimed. "What did Echidna say to you?" He asked after Annabeth looked at him.

"She said my impertinence wounded my mother's pride. And that that will be my doom," Annabeth said and Venus looked at her with a confused expression.

"Impertinence? What kind of-"

"Medusa's head," Venus cut him off. Annabeth looked at her with a knowing look.

"I embarrassed my mother," She said.

"But I'm the one who sent the head to Olympus," Percy said. "I signed the note!"

"And I went along with it," Annabeth said. "It embarrassed her. Now, she's angry."

"This feels awfully familiar," Venus said after a second of silence while leaning back in her seat.

"Guys, what are we gonna do?" Grover asked.

"She isn't going to help us when we get to the top to save Percy," Annabeth said. 

"No, I mean what are we gonna do about Echidna and Chimera?" Grover asked. "They're gonna be right behind us!"

"We're not gonna have much time," Annabeth said as they stepped outside the tram. "They'll be up here any minute. And if my mother isn't going to protect us, then we'll just have to fight it out up here." They stopped walking seeing the place crowded with people. 

"Oh, no. We gotta get everybody out of here." Grover said. Venus looked around before her eyes stopped at the fire alarm. She looked at the people before walking towards the alarm and pulling it.

"You two and Percy follow them down," Annabeth said.

"Wait, No, no, no. We're not splitting up," Grover said.

"Grover, come on," Annabeth said.

"No, he's right! We are either doing this together or all of us are going down again," Venus said.

"She's right. We're all getting out of here together." Percy said.

"The chimera is the demi-god killer," Annabeth said. "Someone has to stay back to slow down and buy everyone some time," She said as they started to walk towards the door.

"Come on," She said and they stepped outside. 

"Okay, help him down the stairs and get him to the river," Annabeth said and Venus looked at her.

"Beth, please come with," Venus said. Annabeth looked at her and sighed before looking at Grover and Percy.

"And don't stop. Not until you get to Hades, not till you have the bolt, do you hear me?" She asked, Percy shook his head before they looked behind after hearing a thud.

"Okay, go," She said, grabbing the door.

"Wait," Percy said, stopping her and he reached into his pocket and took out his sword, forwarding the handle towards Annabeth. "Take this."

Annabeth looked at him before holding the handle and he used the opportunity to pull her and be the one to go inside the altar and then he slammed the door.

"Percy!" Venus yelled, banging on the door. 

"Percy, please!" Grover yelled.

"Percy, no! Don't do this, they'll kill you!" Annabeth yelled.

"Poseidon's never helped me before," Percy said, "he wasn't gonna start now."

"Percy!" They yelled.

"I would've never made it to Hades," Percy said.

"Percy? Percy please!" Grover yelled.

"But you can," Percy said, his breath short. "And now you will."

"Percy!" Venus yelled.