i, welcome to camp.

w e l c o m e  t o  c a m p
venus.

━━━━━━━

"Is he okay?"

"Yeah, he's perfect. He just killed Minotaur no big deal." Venus said.

"Alone?"

"How is that possible?"

"He must be the one," Annabeth said, making Venus look at her and then at the passed-out blonde on the ground.

"Hush, Annabeth. He's waking. Everyone, give him some space, please." everyone moved away slightly, giving the boy open air. "Welcome to camp, Percy Jackson. We've been expecting you." The man-horse, Chiron, said before Percy passed out again.

"Wow, I'm surprised he didn't scream," Venus said, before walking inside to get her beauty sleep done.

Despite Aphrodite's being the goddess of love, she only had one daughter. And that too she abandoned. When Venus came to camp and was named, it took her months to claim Venus finally. 

Venus lived alone, she had no friends except Annabeth, about whom Venus was still unsure. She didn't consider Luke her friend anymore. Her room was the embodiment of when you think of a princess girly room. A queen-sized bed with a French-style canopy, vanity, a giant closet, a giant pond in the lake with a swan she talked to whenever she felt alone, fish, and a dolphin. Yes. A dolphin.

Those were some of many animal representations of her mother. Every little thing in her room was a representation of Aphrodite. The roses in her vase, the pearls on her vanity seashell bowl, her mirror, and the apples and pomegranates in the fruit bowl. 

"You were watching him sleep?" Venus asked, looking at Annabeth.

"Observing him." Annabeth corrected.

"And you said he drooled? Beth, really?" Venus asked, not knowing if it was right to laugh at her.

"Stop, it. He killed The minotaur, Ven. He could be the one." Annabeth said to her as they continued walking through the camp.

Venus sighed, she knew how big this was for Annabeth. She has been holding on to finding the child of the prophecy so she can prove herself. Annabeth wanted to be great. She wanted to be so much more and prove to the world that she was Annabeth Chase, the daughter of Athena.

Annabeth parted ways with her and she was about to leave when she saw Clarisse bumping into Percy and then pushing him to the ground when he yelled at her. Venus walked closer, giving a hand to Percy.

"Hey. Knock it off, Clarisse. It's like his first day, come on." Luke said to her.

"Wait, so this is the kid who killed the Minotaur. Is that right?" Clarisse asked, pointing at Percy.

Venus looked at Clarisse, annoyed. Clarisse was one of the prettiest girls she had seen in the camp. It's a shame such a pretty face belongs to a sour personality

"Yeah?" Percy said, confused.

"I'll bet. Look, you want attention around here, dummy? You better be ready for it when it comes." Clarisse said, scaring him and making him flinch, and she and her goons laughed.

"Clarisse!" Venus exclaimed, fed up with her. A boy was orphaned a day ago and she was acting so cold with him.

"Oh, there she is. our princess. beauty with no brains." Clarisse said, sarcasm dripping from her tone as she stepped closer to Venus.

Venus gave her an annoyed look before making doe eyes at her, "You think I'm a beauty, Clarisse?" She asked, in a soft sarcastic tone. Clarisse rolled her eyes and walked away with her party.

"Well, she seems nice, " Percy said.

"Ares kids. They come by it honestly." Luke said.

"Why don't they mess with you?" Percy asked.

"They know better," Luke said.

"Clarisse likes bullying, she gets it from her father. But if you ignore it hard enough, it goes away." Venus said.

"Yes, Venus, would know what Clarisse's father is like." Luke joked, making Venus disgusted.

"Ew, shut up." She said and then looked at Percy, "Bye, have fun." She said, knowing that he might not. She walked away to find Annabeth to tell her what happened.