Love of my life

Requested by sweet_painted_lady

I'm sorry, truly I am, but is anybody else just helplessly bawling their eyes out at that video? FREDDIE'S VOICE IS JUST SO PERFECT...HE'S JUST SO PERFECT!!! AND OF COURSE BRIAN PLAYING SO BEAUTIFULLY NEXT TO HIM AGHHHHH THERE'S TOO MUCH PERFECTION! AND HAVING SEEN IT IN THE THEATER I CAN TELL YOU THAT IT WAS ONE HELL OF AN EXPERIENCE-

Anyways, read on and enjoy :)

1981

"How long until showtime?" John asked quietly, his hands shaking a bit from nerves.

"About twenty more minutes left, I guess." Roger answered with a shrug. 

"Are you guys excited?" You asked with a smile, your head resting on Freddie's shoulder.

"It'd be better if we weren't being filmed." Brian grumbled in annoyance, scratching the back of his neck. 

The guitarist never liked being on film, it always increased the pressure for him and the other three.

"Oh, so what? We've been filmed before, dear. We're gonna be absolutely fine, and we're going to get on that stage and we're going to give all those people the old Queen magic just as we always do." Freddie said confidently, smiling without his teeth showing.

"Yeah! It's gonna be a perfect performance like all of your performances." You agreed, kissing the vocalist's cheek.

"See? Y/N shares my enthusiasm, thank you darling." Freddie grinned as he slung an arm around your shoulders, though the part of you that could always seem to tell when it came to Freddie's emotions whether they were true or not felt that the grand bravado was forced.

The boys decided to kill some time as John walked away to speak with his wife and children, Roger was conversing elsewhere with one of his roadies and Brian was tuning his guitar. 

"You're gonna do great." You whispered to Freddie, who was still holding you and staying as close to you as he could like he usually did.

The Persian let out a small hum in response, his eyes gazing down at the ground.

"Are you okay baby?" You asked softly, gently stroking his short dark hair.

"Y-Yes of course I am, why wouldn't I be?" He raised an eyebrow, faking a smile.

"I've known you for ten years and have been in a relationship with you for seven years, you know you're no match for my bullshit detector." You deadpanned, successfully making your lover laugh in spite of himself.

"Y-Your bullshit detector?"  He giggled, snickering at your remark.

"Yes, my bullshit detector can always correctly determine whether or not you're actually alright. So, what's going on?" You frowned.

Freddie's laughter began to stop as he sighed softly, rubbing the pad of his thumb over his mustache.

"J-Just pre show jitters I suppose...Nothing to worry about my love." He forced another smile, making you sigh.

"It's okay to be nervous sweetheart, as professional as you are as well as the best rock star I've ever fucking seen." You chuckled a bit, making his cheeks flush pink.

"As you said yourself, as soon you get on that stage, you're going to completely dominate it. 'Give those people some of the old Queen magic'." You used air quotes, making him nod slowly with a small smile.

"Y-Yeah, you're right...thank you Y/N." He said softly, burying his face in your neck as he wrapped you in a hug.

"You've got nothing to thank me for angel, are you ready for the show now?" You smiled, rubbing his back gently.

"Quite ready, thanks to you." He chuckled, kissing your head and untangling himself from you.

"It's time to go on!" Roger beamed, practically bouncing off the rails of excitement.

"Good luck then boys, you never seem to need it." You smirked, earning some laughter at your comment.

And so the four of them bounded onto the stage, earning loud cheering and whistling from the crowd as they began to play a quick version of 'we will rock you.'

A few songs later it was time for them to do love of my life, one of your personal favorite Queen songs.

Roger and John exited the stage as Brian and Freddie remained, starting the beginning of the song as Brian's acoustic guitar began to softly play.

"Love of my life, you've hurt me..." Freddie began to sing.

"You've broken my heart, and now you leave me...love of my life, can't you see? Bring it back,  bring it back...Don't take it away from me because, you don't know...what it means to me..." 

The crowd cheered as you couldn't help but get a bit teary eyed, completely in awe of your lover's voice. 

You remembered the day you heard the song for the first time in 1975, it was a completely different style as the acoustic guitar Brian played live was nowhere to be heard in place of a harp and Freddie's piano. 

It was much more simpler to play live, but you loved both versions. Neither was more heartfelt than the other and Freddie put his heart and soul into the number either way.

"They don't know it," You could hear Freddie murmur to Brian, seeming a bit surprised and put off.

"That's alright." Brian responded with a small smile, nodding for the singer to keep going, so he did.

"Love of my life, don't leave me...you've stolen my love, you now desert me...love of my life, can't you see? Bring it back, bring it back...don't take it away from me because, you don't know...what it means to me..." 

"He's really going for it here," Roger said to John from where they were sitting down and smoking. 

"He's the best." You said quietly, watching him proudly.

After the song was over, Roger and John went back on stage to play 'under pressure', which they performed just as perfectly as love of my life. 

Once the show was over, you wasted no time engulfing Freddie in a hug.

"You did it!" You beamed, squealing a bit in surprise as he swung you around.

"We did well then?" He giggled, placing you back down on the ground.

"Well is just an understatement, love of my life." You grinned, pecking his nose.

Freddie blushed as he latched his lips to yours, you reciprocating passionately.

The end.

Hope you liked it, darling! I hope everyone else liked it too :)