You and I

Today's one shot is a fluffy one, although it's got angst too. I hope y'all like it.

1976

You had a long shift at work, and it had completely drained your energy. Your boss demanded so much from you, and it was so hard and exhausting you'd compare it to rocket science. Then it just HAD to start raining, which only worsened your mood. Long story short, your day was shit and all you wanted was to go home and see the one person who made everything better. 

You parked your car outside and unlocked the door, shutting it as thunder clapped.

"Well that was fucking hell," You muttered to yourself, only to be startled at the sound of muffled noises. 

"Hello?" You called, walking upstairs.

"Freddie?" You frowned, unlocking the door to your bedroom only to find the singer laying down on the bed with tears streaming down his face.

"Hey!" You exclaimed gently, rushing to his side. 

"What's wrong, honey?"

Freddie started sobbing at the sound of your voice, throwing his arms around you and shoving his face into your neck. You could feel the heat of his tears but you didn't care. All that mattered to you was helping him feel better.

"Shhhh," You whispered as he continued to cry heavily.

"It's alright, let it all out..."

You rubbed his back gently as his weeping slowly died down and you felt his jumpy breaths going back to normal.

"That's it.." You murmured as he gained control of himself and seemed calmer than he previously been. 

He leant into your touch, closing his eyes forcibly as if to block off the waterworks.

"What happened, baby?" You asked caringly as you wiped his face.

"Y/N... Would you ever leave me?" His voice sounded weak and defeated, nothing like you were used to hearing it when it was confident and strong.

"Freddie, no! I could never." You gasped, shocked at your boyfriend's question. 

He was always so  sure of himself and confident, which made it even harder to imagine that he could ever be this insecure.

"What made you think I ever would?" You asked incredulously, but also kindly as you didn't want to cause him more stress.

"It-It's just, you were gone for so long and I know I'm n-never around and I thought that you were-" 

"I could never leave you Freddie, not for anyone. You mean more to me than everyone else in this planet." You cut him off seriously, looking into his brown orbs that were full of worry and terror. 

Freddie sniffled and picked up the magazine which had been laying on the bed.  On the cover of it you saw the singer himself, smiling widely with his teeth prominent.

"Queen frontman Freddie Mercury appears to be the definition of not only a fag, but a horse as well." He read in a deadpan voice, but the anguish was evident in his eyes.

"His voice may be powerful, but as are his rabbit sized teeth. It's a miracle his girlfriend Y/N L/N hasn't left him yet." He threw the paper across the room and put his head in his hands, looking even more upset than before.

Anger rose within you. Those nasty comments made about your lover in that magazine infuriated you, and you wanted to murder whoever wrote it.

"Those motherfuckers know nothing. They are just assholes who know nothing about talent nor beauty. Your teeth are gorgeous, Freddie. You are gorgeous. And I could not ask for a more handsome, kind, intelligent, unique and amazing person to be my boyfriend." 

He slowly took his hands away from his face and looked at you brokenly.

"Why?" He croaked, crawling over to you.

"Why do you want me when all I am is-"

"Everything I just said before." You replied, taking him into your arms.

"Look into my eyes, and you'll see I'm the only one..." You sang softly, making your boyfriend look at you with a pained expression.

"You've captured my love, stolen my heart, changed my life..." You continued, as tears formed in his eyes again.

"Everytime you make a move, you destroy my mind. And the way you touch, I lose control and shiver deep inside... "

"You take my breath away..." Freddie choked out a final sob and rested his head in your lap. 

You toyed with his long hair gently as you kept singing.

"You can reduce me to tears with a single sigh.. Every breath you take, any sound  you make is a whisper in my ear... "

Freddie yawned softly and you wiped his face, gently pulling the covers over the two of you.

"I could give up all my life for just one kiss, I would surely die... if you dismiss me from your love... you take my breath away..."

"I love you more than anything.." Freddie said tiredly, although you knew how genuine his words were.

"I love you too Freddie. And I promise you, I am not going anywhere. Ever." You rasped.

 Your words may have been quiet although to Freddie, your tone spoke loudly.

He finally fell asleep, and you looked at him with sorrow and affection.

"It's you and I," You whispered into the sleeping man's ear.

"You and I forever."

The end.