Chapter Fifty:"....please, take good care of Mia...."

Start from the beginning

"No, ma'am. I love Mia too much to break her heart."

"You sure about that?"

"I'm sure." I say.

"You know.....Mia can be tough to handle. She's difficult and can be really annoying sometimes but she's a sweet girl."

"I'm aware of those things."

"I know she's my daughter and that's why I'll tell you the basic things you need to know about her. Jace, please, take good care of Mia, don't stop loving her the way you do. Treat her like the best girlfriend in the world and I'll make sure she treats you the same way too. You two should love and cherish each other a lot. If you guys have a disagreement, sort things out and keep loving each other. Couples will always have disagreements but you two shouldn't be the couple that'd break up over a little fight so easily. I'd understand if it's a serious fight but not a little fight. You two should take good care of each other." Ms. Johnson says.

"We will do as you said." I say.

"Good. I know you're a nice guy. I may not know you too well but I know Mia. I know that Mia is picky about the person she socializes with and that she can never socialize with a bad person, not to talk of getting into an intimate relationship with such person. I believe you know how she is."

"I know."

"But I must say, the sight of you locking lips and touching my daughter, in my kitchen, on my counter, wasn't really the best."

Not that....

"Well.....about that, I'm really sorry. We didn't intend for you to see that." I say.

"I know you two didn't. Well, what can I do? You young adults are uncontrollable in some cases but it's understandable. It's the age. I was once a young adult too. What I'm trying to say is that I can't stop you two from enjoying yourselves the way you want to." Ms. Johnson says, shooting me a wink.

Wow....

I chuckle in a little embarrassment.

I believe you guys know the reason for the embarrassment.

"Seeing how embarrassed you look, I guess you know what I mean." Ms. Johnson says.

"I think I do." I say.

Ms. Johnson gives me a smile.

"Just don't let yourselves get caught by me....again."

"Sure, ma'am."

"One more thing, I do love kids and I wish to carry my grandkids one day but not yet. You two should be really careful. I know you're an expert and you know what you should do to prevent such fate, I'm only being a reminder."

"I understand. We'll be very careful." I say.

"Good boy." Ms. Johnson pats me on my back "We should really get to know each other more. I think I already enjoy your company."

I chuckle lightly.

Ms. Johnson does the same.

"Oh.....congratulations on your engagement, ma'am. I just realized I haven't said that to you. I'm sorry." I say.

"Thank you so much, Jace and don't be sorry. It's not too late for a congratulations." Ms. Johnson says.

We both smile at each other.

************************************
Mia's POV.....

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me!" Jace says.

Jace and I are currently having our car date. We both are sitting on the car hood, in a grassy area that I had directed Jace to. It's a popular picnic site here though we're not here for a picnic.