Chapter Twenty-seven: A Yes.

Jace's POV......

It's now clear to me that Mia doesn't feel the same way for me.

The way she keeps on running off proves that.

Telling me the story of how or what keeps her from dating might've been the best way she thought to say no.

I'm happy that she told me about it but I'm upset that it may have been a rejection.

The only thing leaving a little happiness in me is that I finally kissed her, maybe not in the way I wanted but it's still something.

I'm not gonna give up on her yet. I'm still gonna find all possible means to win her over.

Yes...Jace....

I stand up from the swing to start heading home. I think I've cleared my head enough.

"Jace!!" I hear a voice call out just as I stepped out of the playground.

I turn and see Mia running towards me.

"Mia...." I call out in surprise.

Why's she running????

Is anyone after her???

"Jace! Thank God I caught up with you!" Mia says on reaching me.

She bends with her hands on her knees, trying to catch her breath.

"Mia, what the hell are you doing back here and why were you running? Is someone after you? Who's the person....show me. I may not be too strong but I can throw a few punches....."

Mia interrupts me.

"Jace!!! Keep....quiet...I'm....trying....to catch.....catch....."

I interrupt.

"A thief....serial killer? Where's the person?"

"Oh God!!! My breath....Jace!!" Mia yells, still breathing heavily.

"Oh.....your breath....right." I say.

Mia suddenly raises one of her hands up to my view. It looks like she's counting.

She stands properly after having counted 10 with her fingers.

"Okay.....all good now." Mia says.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"Yeah" Mia replies.

"So....what're you doing back here?" I ask.

"Well....first of all, thank you so much for not have gone so far if not I might've collapsed from running so much. I haven't really ran this fast and far in a long time. Secondly, I'm back here to set things right and clear." Mia says.

"No need for that. I already know what you're gonna say......that you don't feel the same way and you may never feel the same way so I can't be your boyfriend." I say.

"What....no...that's wrong." Mia says.

"Huh?" I question in confusion.

"Jace.....uh....just a second" Mia says and coughs.

She's funny.....

"Okay" she continues "Jace, I've thought things through and I've realized the meaning of the strange feelings I've been getting lately. I think I'm....I...may be.....I'm....ughhrr!! Why's this so hard?!" Mia asks in a little frustration.

Why though???

"What're you trying to say, Mia?" I ask.

"What I'm trying to say is that uh...I've thought about everything." Mia says.