Chapter Thirty-eight: The Truth.

"I'm guessing what I heard about you is true." I hear a familiar feminine voice say.

After the conversation I had with Jace, I didn't feel like going home so I decided to go to my under-tree spot.

It's been like an hour now.

Everything Jace said to me is still haunting my mind.....especially the coward part and the part he mentioned how disappointed he is that I didn't keep my word about facing whatever comes with letting go of my mom's first advice.

He was right about that though. Part of me feels disappointed at myself too.

So to distract the thoughts of everything happening between me and Jace.....a little, I decided to continue with the novel I was reading before Jace came to the apartment.

I took the novel with me while leaving the apartment.....just in case.....

I look away from the novel....up to see the person with the familiar voice.

It happens to be the last of the last person I wanna see right now.

Jace's ex, Alexa.....

What's she doing here??

I just got out of a pretty bad conversation with Jace, I'm not sure I'm ready for another bad conversation.

I look back at the book without uttering a word.

"I heard you're quite a bookworm and that you come here a lot.....this spot." Alexa says.

Yeah.....right...

Did Jace also tell her that?

I still utter no word.

Alexa lets out a little sigh.

"I know I'm the last person you wanna see now and that our first encounter wasn't exactly the best but I'm only here to set things right." Alexa says.

Set things right?

"It wasn't him, it was me. Jace is innocent. If you'll give me a chance I'll tell you the truth about what happened that night." Alexa says.

That's tempting....

I slowly lift my head to look at her.

She moves closer to where I'm sitting.

"May I sit with you?" Alexa asks politely.

I've no idea someone as bitchy as herself would be so polite.

I reluctantly adjust for Alexa to sit beside me.

She sits and adjusts a little to face me.

With my right index finger on the page I'm reading, I reluctantly close the book.

I'd be lying if I said that I'm comfortable with Alexa sitting right beside me. I don't know how easy it'd be to have a conversation with her after what happened at that party.

"So.....Jace is innocent, huh?" I ask.

"Yes, he is. I forced myself on him." Alexa says.

"Oh....." I utter.

"Jace was trying to prevent me from doing what I was doing. He kept trying to stand from that chair to find you but I kept preventing him. When it felt like he was winning, I got on his laps and kissed him. I also made him touch me the way you saw that night. He didn't want any of that.....it was me." Alexa says.

I didn't believe Jace when he said Alexa forced herself on him but Alexa saying it now, it sounds so honest.

Oh....no....