Chapter Twenty-six:"I'll prove to you....."

Mia's POV.......

I'm sitting on the chair in my balcony, looking up to the night sky, still deep in thoughts of what answer I'm gonna give Jace.

We had our session earlier today.

It's Tuesday.

He asked if I've made up my mind but I couldn't answer.

I already figured out that I love him but either the thought of how I'm gonna tell him that I may be feeling the same way for him or the thought of changing from a girl who had no interest in falling in love and dating to the exact opposite, is keeping me from doing what I feel is the right thing to do.

This is scary......

I wanna give my heart a chance like Amber told me to but where to start from is what I don't know.

This balcony is not doing me the favor I want it to, right now. I need a different place to clear my head. Somewhere that's definitely not the bathtub. I need somewhere more open......speaking of that, I think I now know where to go.

The playground....

The playground where Jace says he goes to clear his head.
It may help. It's quiet and mostly empty at night.

I've got to go.....

I stand from the chair and leave the balcony to my closet....to dress up.

Putting on a pair of black joggers, a pink top with "KEEP CALM AND BE A BOSS" inscribed on it, a pair of white and pink strips socks, my black slippers and a grey hoodie jacket, I leave my room.

"Mia, where're you going all dressed up?" Michelle asks.

"Yeah, you look like you're going to do some emergency grocery shopping but then we're not out of groceries." Amber says.

Amber is getting something from the kitchen while Michelle is sitting on the couch.

"I wanna go out for some fresh air." I say.

"You've been a little down lately, Mia. What's going on with you?" Michelle asks.

"Nothing's going on with me." I say.

"You sure about that?" Michelle asks.

"Yeah.....totally. I just want some air and my balcony is not giving me that." I say.

"What? That spacious place? What kinda air do you seek for?" Michelle asks.

"It's okay, Michelle....if you keep talking, Mia won't be able to leave early. It's getting late so she needs to leave now and come back soon." Amber says.

It's past 8pm.

"Fine....." Michelle says.

"I'll see you guys later then." I say as I proceed to leave the apartment.

Few minutes later......

After successfully walking to the playground, I find something I wasn't expecting.

Someone's already there.

I'd be lying if I said I'm not upset now. Who could be ruining the alone time I wanna have in the playground?

Getting closer, I see a familiar masculine figure sitting on one of the swings.

It's Jace....

Oh no......

This is worse.

I wanna stay away from Jace any minute I can. I've already seen him today during our session, I don't think I wanna see him again.....today.
Seeing him would only stop my brain from working the way I need it to do now.