Chapter Eight: Spring Break!!

"Guys, can you please not drink too much tonight?" I ask rhetorically after Michelle and Amber had come down from the Jeep.

Finally, the spring break everyone had been looking forward to is here.
All the tough tests which students had chosen to take so seriously which is unusual, are over.....well.....for now.
Some people are already throwing parties and I just arrived at one of the parties with Michelle and Amber to do my usual job.

Y'all know that already.

"We'll try." Amber says.

"I can't promise you that." Michelle says.

I roll my eyes at Michelle.

"Why are you still in the car? Come on let's go." Amber says.

"You guys should go on, I'll catch up." I say.

"You sure you don't wanna go in with us?" Amber asks.

"Yeah, just go. I'll be with you guys in no time." I say.

"Okay, let's go Amber. I've got to find Caleb. Mia, you better hurry up so not to miss out so much fun." Michelle says.

Fun?????
More like torture.

"Okay." I say as I fake a little smile.

I watch Michelle and Amber walk into the party house.

Tonight is another night to stagger out of a party with two girls. I just hope they drink less so that I pass through lesser stress. I don't think I'm in the mood for any braids pulling or throwing up in the Jeep or any other stupid things drunk people do.

I already feel nauseous about what I'm seeing outside here.
Heavy drinkers and Smokers to the left, couples making out to the right.

I thought there're always rooms for couples in party houses or maybe secret corners.
Can't they go to them and do their business?

Let them be Mia, the choice is theirs.

Ugh......fine.

I decide to step out of the Jeep to go and meet Michelle and Amber in the house.

"Mia! Over here!" I hear Amber yell from where she is standing by the drinks table which in a "non-party term" I would say the "kitchen table"

I start moving to where Amber is.

"Where's Michelle?" I ask Amber.

"She is right behind you, running business with Caleb." Amber says nodding her head towards something behind me.

I turn back to see Michelle and Caleb making out as if they're about to devour themselves. I see Caleb running his hands all over Michelle.

Ugh... disgusting.

Seriously, Mia.

Just because you don't do it doesn't make it disgusting.

It's disgusting.

It's not.....

God!! Shut up Mia.

"Miaaaaaa" Amber snaps at me making me return to reality.

"Yes,yes....." I say.

"Lemme guess, mind conversation?" Amber asks.

"Yeah, you guessed right." I say.

"You know Michelle and Caleb can be gross when they want to. Just turn away from them." Amber says.

"Yeah, I was gonna do that anyway." I say turning away, back to the drinks table.
I'd rather stare at a table occupied with highly alcoholic drinks than........ that.