The Blondes

Chapter 13.

Wren.

I walk out of the Physics classroom as the bell rings, my bookbag over my shoulder I hold onto a strap. I would wait for Kian, but he stayed back to speak to the teacher and the amount of noise and people in the hallways as the lessons ended make me sick, so I walk away.

One thing about Kian, he will make an effort, he will talk and discuss with a teacher about whatever's needed.

Seeing Perez, I'm about to speed up to catch up to him but getting a closer look I see him walking with a blonde girl, one of the popular girls who are the life of the school's group. Their backs are to me, but I can tell that they are arguing.

The girl walks off with one of her friends as she reaches her and starts walking by her side. Perez slaps his hands into his face, groaning and turns left into a lounging room. It's like a common area, but not common at all since you have to walk through a seduced smaller, narrow 'hallway' with no lights.

I'm literally following the red-headed dude.

Taking a snack from the vending-machine, I walk to the room to find Perez still there, but this time he's sitting next to another blonde, Kian on another couch opposite of them.

They appear to be in semi-friendly conversation, the girl being quiet and scowling, Perez grinning and talking animatedly.

I've seen her before, Coraline Glynn, she's in my P.E. and psychology class. I see Kian glance up at her from his phone screen as I sit next to him on the couch.

"Fuck," The girl spits at Perez, "you're being annoying, seriously," she lets out not too humorous laugh, "Really, stop." she stands, picking up her bag.

That's the first time I have ever heard her talk, literally.

"Come on, Cora." Perez grins, slouching against the back of the couch, arms spread out resting on the back of it.

"Bye, dude" the girl walks off.

"What?" I ask, having missed the whole convo.

Kian nudges me with his elbow and then ignores me. I'll tell you what you are, Kie...you're jealous. Okay, sike guys, they don't even know each other.

It's quite a while later, hours, when Perez pulls me to the side. He leads me into the bathroom, locking the door after us. It's a one-person bathroom, and let me tell you, it's tight in here.

"As much as I love you, Perez- dude, I don't swing that way. What's with the small hideaway with just the two of us, babe?"

He pulls his head back, scowling but still smiles. And then smirks, "Why's that? Don't like it?"

"...I do"

"Mhm" he hums.

I lean against the gray door, hands behind my back, he sits on the closed toilet lid.

"I wouldn't if I were you"

He shakes his head, not caring.

I sigh.

"Wren, I need to ask you something," he looks up at me and then adverts his eyes.

I nod, "Yeah?"

It could range from me letting him borrow shorts for his practice to... you know, buying him a house.

My mind also goes to what he saw the other day, where he saw me, the thought flashes in front of my mind, I push it away, but it stays nagging there. Raising a breeze of fear over my back.