apologizes to mom

Chapter Ten.

Carmen.

The guestroom of Daren's home is dark, pitch-black when I wake up, curtains drawn, and door closed.

I feel the back of my shirt wet with sweat and I sit up, still groggy and dull. Wren said I had high fever before he tucked me into the bed, and I fell asleep.

Searching for my phone I tap around the mattress and under the pillows, not finding it. I huff and fling my legs over the edge of the bed and stand up. I walk forward in the direction of a door until I come to contact with a wall, touching around until I get a hold of a door link.

The hallway is also dark, but the lights from down the stairs create a dim lightening and you can see around.

I don't fucking know where Wren or Kian's room is and I'm not going to go through every door I see right now. You know, perhaps I will get kicked out for spying.

The floor is dark wooden, the walls are white and up here also in this hallway is also a big floor to ceiling window showing me the dark backyard. I walk down the stairs slowly. Past the kitchen and to the sitting room, I'm relieved to find Kian sitting there on a couch, on his phone.

"Hi"

He notices me then, snapping his head around to see me. "Hey. Feeling better?"

Not much.

"Yes. What time is it?" I ask.

"Almost nine" Kian glances at the screen of his phone.

That was a really long time I was asleep.

"Like today or the next day?"

Kian smiles widely at my disorientation. "The same night, babes"

"Whatever"

Someone walks in and puts their hands on my shoulders from behind me, I tense. "Here you are" Wren.

I turn my head to look at him, standing right behind me. "Yeah" I shake off his hands.

"Feeling any better?" I get asked for the second time.

"Yes" I give the same answer. "A bit"

I did sleep well, better than at home.

But I'm still feeling heavy. I guess that's what comes with being sick like that. I don't know, usually when I get sick, I sleep it off. My mother stopped tending me when I was five and I have been brushing anything off on my own after that.

"Hungry?" Wren then asks, "Mom said she'll bring takeout-Chinese and Mexican. She'll be home soon"

I am not saying no to free food. Free good food.

"Yes, please"

Wren smirks, nudging me with his elbow. Hair so blonde and messy, eyes shining bright. "Gained some manners, Carm?"

I bite into my bottom lip, feeling it dry, and shrug.

Clinking of heels sounds out against the hardwood floor and we turn to see a tall woman at the living room entrance.

In a beige long trench coat, high heeled boots and patterned tights, black dress underneath the coat, she looks dressed up and lavish. Exactly like someone who'd live in this house. Like someone who needs to look good and dashing.

Her softened features switch upon seeing someone other than her sons in the room, leaving her face serious and critical.

I recognize her from Perez's mother's magazines at his house. I happened to skim the pages of those years ago. Also, there have been articles of Myles Darden and his long-term girlfriend and their appearances in public, stories and interviews with the rockstar.