Rich daddy

Chapter Five

Carmen.

"Are you doing anything now?" I ask Perez.

"I mean, yes. We're all going to get some food right now." He pulls a face.

I lean back against the seat and shut my eyes.

"I love how I was aware of where I'm being taken," I mutter.

I'm nudged awake from my half slumber by Perez when we arrive. He opens his side of the door and steps out.

I don't even want to get out.

The twins step out also and I admire the interior of Wren's car.

Dark cherry red leather seats, the roof with some cool ass designs, random lights, tinted windows.

Wren knocks on the window and I sigh, pushing the door open and stepping out.

"We're starving over here," Kian speaks, "you can sleep at home, hopefully"

I roll my eyes at the fucker.

"Who allowed him to speak?" I point with my thumb to Kian on my right side, looking at the other two by my left.

"I don't know" Wren mumbles, "dad taught him it's okay to speak your mind"

I pull a face.

"Shouldn't have" I say, "I already don't like this guy"

"My dad or me, Carm?" Kian quirks a brow. "Because trust me, I do not give a shit what you gotta say 'bout me"

"Both" I sneer.

"Alright, ladies" Perez holds the door open for us and lets us step into the cafe before him.

Wren really had to bring us here. It's not the cheapest place around, but alright.

We take a seat and a second later a waiter stops by our table.

I really don't want to be here. I'd rather get takeout from McDonald's or something or eat Perez's father's food.

I pick out some cheaper soup and garlic bread and settle for that.

"Can I crash at yours tonight?" I lean onto Perez next to me and whisper.

Some nights I sleep at his. Not too often to make him question anything.

Just enough, having valid reasons.

"Full house" he says. "Cousins and Abuela are coming over tonight"

His family always comes to his house sometime before Christmas. They live far away and stay at Perez' for some of the holiday period.

It's still weeks away, but okay.

"Already?" I ask. "The fuck do they do here for a month?"

Perez shakes his head, "It's mama's birthday tomorrow"

Right, that.

I nod.

No fucking running away tonight then.

We eat in silence, I enjoy it. The cafe is busy but bustling cozily somehow.

Wren asks for a bill and when we're about to slam down our cash, he stops us.

My night shifts pay me something, not too much. I buy clothes and my girl shit with that money. Or snatch some cash from mom and her permanent guests sometimes.