meeting grandpa (pt 2)

Start from the beginning

"She really is. I've seen it so much more since she's gotten older." Kamala says as she fixes Ivy's shirt. 

Devi climbs off the couch and walks over to Donald.

"Grandpa!" Devi says with excitement.

"Yes, that's Grandpa!" Meena says with a cheeky grin.

Devi then carefully climbs onto his grandpa's lap, giving him a hug.

"Aww, that's so sweet Devi." Maya says to Devi as she looks at she big sister.

Kamala smiles, trying to not to tear up at the special moment she thought she would never see happen.

Donald hugs Devi back, holding him close in his arms.

"Oooooo!" Ivy says as she gets off Doug's lap and Maya puts her on her grandpa's lap too.

"We need to get a picture of this special moment!" Doug says with a big smile.

"Yes! Let's get a quick picture! Meena, stand behind Grandpa!" Maya says as Meena smiles.

Meena stands behind Donald as Maya, Doug and Kamala take many pictures.

"We are just missing Cole, Ella and baby Hudson for the picture!" Kamala says with a smile.

"Kamala is a grandma now, Dad!" Maya says to Donald with a cheeky grin.

"Yeah, she's a young grandma like my mom. Now she's old." Meena says playfully to Donald.

"Hey! I'm not that old!" Maya says with sass to her daughter.

"Me either!" Kamala says playfully to Meena and Maya.

"We aren't that old, Meena!" Doug says playfully to Meena and Maya as well.

Kamala grabs a picture and shows it to Donald. The picture is a group one of Cole, Hudson, Greenley and Ella from Devi and Ivy's birthday party.

"Dad, this is Doug and I's grandson, Hudson! This is Ella! This is Cole and his fiancée Greenley!" Kamala says proudly, showing Donald the picture of Hudson.

"Oh my gosh that picture is so cute!" Meena says as she looks at the picture of Hudson.

"That baby boy is always smiling!" Maya says as she looks at the picture as well.

"Always! He's crawling now, so poor Cole had to child proof some things. Adventures in parenting, right?" Doug says while shaking his head.

"Where are Cole, Ella, Hudson and..." Donald says not remembering Cole's fiancée's name.

"And Greenley?" Kamala asks Donald and Donald nods.

"Yes, where are they?" Donald asks Kamala and Doug.

"Cole, Greenley and Hudson all live in California while Ella lives in New York." Kamala explains and Doug nods in agreement.

"Sissy!" Devi says as he points at a picture of Ella.

"Yeah! That's Ella, your big sister!" Doug says with a smile.

"Ella clowthes!" Devi says with a grin.

"Ella does make clothes! She makes you, Ivy, Amara and Leela lots of cute things!" Kamala says to Devi.

"Oh my gosh the girls love their dresses Ella made them!" Meena says to Kamala and Doug.

"I'm sure she is making more clothes for the kids for Christmas!" Doug says to Meena.

"You talk very well, young man." Donald says as Devi giggles.