just the three of us

*Doug and Kamala bond with their new baby boy!*

August 8th, 2021 - 12:15am
Devi Douglas Emhoff was born just a few minutes ago!

Kamala and Devi have been bonding in the birthing pool together, getting to know each other while Doug looks on proudly.

"How are you feeling, honey?" Doug asks Kamala softly as he holds her Hydro Flask as she takes a few sips.

"I feel amazing actually! But I'm sure in a few hours I'll be sore." Kamala says as she chuckles at Doug and Doug smiles.

"That's great honey. You look so beautiful." Doug says causing Kamala to blush and smile.

"Aww, thank you. And you look handsome." Kamala says to Doug softly.

"Thank you, honey." Doug says as he kisses Kamala's cheek.

"I can't believe I did that with no freaking pain medicine. Oh my gosh." Kamala says as she looks down at Devi, who now content and is just relaxing on his Mama's chest.

"You sure did, honey. You did incredible! I am so proud of you!" Doug says happily as he kisses Kamala's cheek, causing Kamala to smile and blush.

"I'm sure your arms and hands are going to be bruised for weeks to come. I'm sorry." Kamala says jokingly feeling bad on how hard she squeezed Doug's arms hands and upper body.

"Hey, I don't mind. You needed me and I helped you. I'm sure the press is going to have a hay day and say you abuse me or something." Doug says playfully, making Kamala giggle and Doug laughs at his own joke.

"Don't make me laugh too hard, Dougie! It hurts." Kamala says as she feels a little bit of pain.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry." Doug says feeling really bad that he caused Kamala to be in pain.

"It's okay! It's okay. Everybody told me after birth everything down here hurts. I thought laughing hurt if you had a c-section!" Kamala says as she giggles again.

"Nope! You muscles will be sore for a while from labor and pushing! That is completely normal!" The nurse says to Kamala.

A nurse then walks over and happily puts a blue hat on Devi's head so he it doesn't get cold.

Devi coos as he lays on lays on Kamala's bare chest and curls up in a ball, feeling her warmth and hearing her heart beat, which is a soothing sound to him since he heard it for nine months in the womb.

"Hi, buddy. Hi! I'm your Daddy!" Doug says in a babyfied voice at Devi.

"Are you opening your eyes? It looks like you have Daddy's beautiful brown eyes! Oh my goodness." Kamala says in a high pitched babyfied voice.

Doug happily takes a few pictures of Devi and Kamala together for memories.

"So precious." Doug whispers with a grin.

"I love you so much, Dougie." Kamala says to Doug with a smile.

"I love you too, Kam." Doug says as he kisses Kamala twice.

Just then, Devi begins to cry a little and Kamala shushes him softly, calming the newborn down right away.

"Shh shh shh, it's okay, Devi. It's okay. Mama's here. Mama's here." Kamala says softly as she kisses Devi's forehead which isn't covered with his hat. 

Doug holds Devi's hand and Devi squeezes Doug's finger, causing Kamala and Doug to both smile.

"You are a strong little guy, aren't you? Yes!" Doug says in a babyfied voice and as he smiles at Devi.