another big surprise

*Kamala and Doug find out a surprise! Thank you to joebidenloving for helping me write this!

November 27th, 2021

Kamala, Doug and Devi are having a sleepover at Maya's house along with Meena, Nik, Amara and Leela!

It is now the next morning and Kamala and Doug are up early and are in the bathroom.

Doug is wearing just pajama bottoms while Kamala is wearing sweatpants and one of Doug's t-shirts.

For the past few weeks, Kamala hasn't been feeling like herself. She feels bloated, is tired and her breast are tender. Doug thinks she is pregnant but Kamala doesn't think so because she doesn't have the symptoms she did with Devi.

Kamala is currently dipping four pregnancy tests into the red cup of her first morning pee while Doug holds Devi.

"Why are you taking four pregnancy tests?" Doug asks Kamala playfully as he smiles at her. 

"Because why not! All of them expire around the same time and I don't want them going to waste. Plus, I wanna see if they all give me the same answer."

"Babe, of course they do. They did with this little guy." Doug says as he tickles Devi's tummy and Devi giggles.

"Shh! Maya, Tony, Meena, Nik and the girls are asleep!" Kamala shushes Doug before kisses him and Devi.

"Are you a big brother? Are you going to be a big brother? I think you will be but Mama doesn't believe me. I told her she was pregnant with you before she realized it!" Doug says in a babyfied voice at Devi as Devi coos and plays with Doug's chest hair.

"Ow Ow Ow!" Doug says trying to release Devi's hold on his chest hair. 

"Devi, don't pull on Daddy's chest hair. He only likes it when I do that." Kamala says causing Devi to giggle.

"Don't tell him about that, baby. That's for only you and me." Doug says and gives Kamala a wink.

Kamala hits Doug's chest and plants a fast kiss on his lips.

"He won't remember it anyway." Kamala giggles and Doug lays his arm around her.

"Good for you, baby" Doug says and places a soft kiss in Kamala's hair.

"So what's your bet, Devi? Huh? Do you think you will be a big brother in nine months?" Doug says and Devi looks up at him with big eyes.

Devi locks eyes with Doug and nods slightly, just as if he understood Doug's question.

"He is saying yes, baby! Devi knows that he will be a big brother soon." Doug chuckles and pulls Kamala closer.

"I am going to be really surprised if I'm pregnant again. I don't have that many symptoms like I did with Devi." Kamala says to Doug.

"Every pregnancy is different! Kerstin was sick with Ella but not as bad as she was with Cole. Maybe that means you will get a baby sister, Devi! Do you want a baby sister?" Doug asks Devi and Devi smiles happily.

"If I am pregnant, you do know that the baby and Devi will only be eleven months apart." Kamala says counting the months on her hands.

"Oh boy, I didn't realize that! Isn't that Irish twins or something like that?" Doug says with a chuckle.

"I think so! And I'm sure we will be fine, it will just busy with two in diapers and bottles for a while. Right, baby? But you will probably be done with bottles before the baby comes if I'm even pregnant. I don't think I am." Kamala says to Doug and Devi before checking the timer and there is two minutes left.