visiting mama at work!

*Doug and Devi go to visit Kamala at her office during the middle of the work day! Thank you to legobuilder1223 for this suggestion! Enjoy!*

January 26th, 2022

Today is a usual but busy work day in Washington DC for Kamala, Doug, Joe and Jill!

Jill is teaching in person at Northern Virginia Community College, where she has worked for many years while Joe is busy at his office in the White House while watching Jacob.

Kamala and Doug kissed each other goodbye at around 8:30am after breakfast. Kamala also gives Devi lots of kisses before leaving.

Ever since Devi has been born, Kamala and Doug do not use a nanny but they watch Devi themselves. Kamala watches him if she isn't busy or traveling and the same with Doug. But due to Kamala's schedule as Vice President, Doug is usually watching him, making him a stay at home dad which is something he hasn't been before!

Kamala wanted to get to her office to look at her paperwork she has gotten throughout the last two weeks or so!

Kamala and Joe have been trying their hardest to pass Voting Rights legislation but of course republicans want to not vote on it and refuse any compromise.

At 10:15am, Kamala and Joe will receive the President's Daily Brief in the Oval Office which they do every single day!

It is now 2:30pm, and Doug and Devi are enjoying the afternoon together. Devi just finished his afternoon nap and Doug is now feeding him some baby foods!

Devi has been enjoying baby led weaning with many foods and he also really enjoys being fed baby foods and pouches!

Right now, Doug is feeding Devi some Gerber Pear, Carrots and Peas!

"Here comes the train! Choo choo! Choo choo!" Doug says as Devi smiles and giggles happily.

Doug then gives Devi another bite and Devi happily takes, really enjoying it!

"Mmm! Is it yummy? Mmm!" Doug says to Devi in a babyfied voice.

"Baaa baaa!" Devi says as he smiles at Doug and wants another bite of food.

"You want some more? I'm so glad you like it!" Doug says to Devi, feeding him another bite.

"Mmmmm!" Devi says with a cheeky grin at Doug.

After Devi finishes his small can of baby food, Doug feeds him a bottle of breast milk to make sure he is full before they go out to visit Kamala at work!

Doug knows Kamala isn't busy at work right now and will be in her office, so it is the perfect time to visit with her! Plus, Doug wants to get Devi out of the house.

Doug and Devi go upstairs to get Devi dressed and ready to go out.

"Do you wanna go see Mama at work? Do you wanna go bye byes?" Doug asks Devi as he holds him in front of him and Devi babbles happily.

"Okay! Let's get dressed!" Doug says laying Devi on her changing table to change his diaper and clothes!

"Hey Devi! Do you wanna wear this hat that sissy made for you?" Doug asks Devi as he holds up the monkey hat that Ella recently crocheted.