devi's 1st thanksgiving

*Kamala, Doug and Devi all go to California to celebrate Thanksgiving with their family! Thank you so my best friend joebidenloving for always helping me! Enjoy! 🦃

November 25th, 2021

Kamala, Doug and Devi are all getting ready to leave their California home to head over to Maya and Tony's house for Thanksgiving dinner! Usually Kamala and Doug host Thanksgiving dinner, but this year Maya and Tony wanted to host it at their house!

Kamala, Doug and Devi flew from Washington DC to California last night and will be staying in California for a few days to celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday with family!

Kamala and Doug haven't been in their California house much since January when Kamala became Vice President but luckily they have many people to keep up with the yard and the property.

Also, Kamala and Doug's families have decorated a room in the house to be Devi's little nursery for when they fly to California. Kamala and Doug thought the gesture was beautiful.

Right now, Kamala is giving Devi a bath while Doug watches on, filming a little video for memories.

Kamala places Devi and the baby bath tub he is laying in, in the bath tub and she has the water running nice and warm so Devi doesn't get cold.

Devi happily kicks his feet in the warm bath water and coos while Kamala is currently washing his hair.

"Are you talking to Mama?" Doug asks Devi and Devi looks up at Doug cooing at him.

Kamala begins to sing the alphabet song to Devi as she rinses the shampoo out of Devi's dark hair.

Devi kicks the bath water and waves his arms, splashing Kamala in the face and on her shirt.

"Oh, are you giving Mama a bath too?" Doug chuckles as Kamala gets wetter and wetter.

"At least he likes the water." Kamala says to Doug as she turns her head towards him.

Kamala has bath water running down from her forehead and all over her chest.

"You look cute even when you're drenched." Doug says and kisses Kamala's wet cheek.

"Thank you, baby." Kamala says as she returns to running the small washcloth on Devi's back.

Devi looks up at Kamala and smiles as she runs the washcloth over Devi's body.

"Is that nice, baby boy? A nice and warm bath." Kamala smiles at Devi who coos in response.

When Kamala has finished Devi's bath, she puts him in a big towel and drys him off. She holds him close in her arms and kisses his forehead.

"Now you are a clean little boy, yes you are! All ready for Thanksgiving, my little baby." Kamala says, kissing Devi's cheeks.

"Our little chubby bear!" Doug says as he smiles at Kamala and Devi together.

"I love his bear outfit! It's so perfect for him!" Kamala says as she continues to hold Devi in his towel.

Devi coos at Kamala and Kamala smiles at him.

"Hi, baby! Hi! Today is going to be a fun day! You are going to meet Nani's brother and two sisters! Yeah! You are going to see Auntie Maya, Uncle Tony, Auntie Keke, Sharada, Meena, Nik, Amara, Leela, Grandma Barb and Grandpa Mike!" Kamala says as Devi coos and smiles, showing his gummy mouth.

"And your favorite sister Ella and favorite brother Cole!" Doug says with a big smile and Devi smiles.

"Sam and Greenley too! Let's get you dressed and ready! Daddy and I need to get ready too." Kamala says as she carefully lays Devi on the master bed to get Devi dressed.