doug's birthday

*Kamala, Devi, Ella and Cole all happily celebrate Doug's birthday with him! Thank you to my best friend joebidenloving for helping me as always 🎉🎂🎊🥳 Enjoy!

October 13th, 2021

Right now, Doug is still fast asleep in bed. Doug had an alarm set at 7am so he can get up and go into the office to work on some things, but Kamala turned the alarm off before it went off.

Usually Doug has meetings with his staff on Wednesdays but since today is his birthday, Kamala canceled all of his work things as well as most of hers so they can spend time together as a family!

Also for Doug's birthday, Ella and Cole are flying in from California to spend a few days with Doug, Devi and Kamala!

Right now, Kamala and Devi are both in the kitchen and they are making Doug some special birthday pancakes!

Devi is wide awake in Kamala's arms as Kamala manages to cook the pancakes with one hand.

"Are you excited that today is Daddy's birthday, Devi? Today is Daddy's birthday! Yay!" Kamala says in a babyfied voice as Devi coos and smiles at her.

"Today is going to be such a fun day! Ella and Cole are flying in and we are going to have birthday cake and presents!" Kamala says as Devi continues to coo.

"You are such a cutie! I think Daddy is going to love the shirt we made!" Kamala says to Devi as she places the finished pancakes on a plate Kamala decorated.

*Doug's breakfast*

*Doug's breakfast*

"Okay Dev, let's go see Daddy! Let's go see if he is awake!" Kamala says as Devi coos and smiles at Kamala.

Kamala manages to hold the breakfast tray with Doug's pancakes and coffee and Devi at the same time. Kamala has learned that as a mom you have to  multitask!

Kamala carefully walks up the stairs with the tray in her hand while Devi stays relatively still in her arms.

"Good boy Devi! We've got this." Kamala says and smiles at Devi as she takes the last few steps up the stairs.

"Here we go, baby. Now we get to surprise Daddy! How exciting!" Kamala says and Devi looks up at her with big eyes and a smile.

Kamala quietly pushes the master bedroom door open and finds Doug still fast asleep in their bed.

Devi coos as they walk towards the bed. Kamala can see Doug slowly waking up when they get closer as if he can sense their presence.

Kamala sets the breakfast tray down on Doug's bedside table, before placing a light kiss on Doug's forehead. Kamala strokes his hair as Doug's eyes slowly open.

"Happy birthday, baby." Kamala says in a soft low voice and Devi squirms and coos in her arms.

"Thank you, honey. What time is it? I have to go into work. I'm probably late. My alarm didn't go off." Doug says as Kamala giggles at sleepy Doug.