devi meets family via zoom!

*Kamala and Doug introduce their baby boy to family via Zoom!*

August 8th, 2021 - 1:15am

Doug looks at his Apple watch and sees that it is 1:15am. Doug then calculates in his head that is it 10:15pm in California, where the majority of their family lives.

"Do you wanna call our family to let them know that Devi is here?" Doug asks Kamala softly and Kamala nods in excitement.

"Yes! Yes! Yes! Do you want to call the kids and Kerstin first?" Kamala asks Doug with a big smile.

"Sure! Hopefully they are all awake! I'm sure Cole and Ella both are, but Kerstin goes to bed early." Doug says as he gets the Zoom call of Cole, Ella and Kerstin ready on his iPhone.

Kamala looks down at Devi who is still awake, but is getting sleepy. Devi has one eye open and one eye closed.

"Are you ready to meet your big brother Cole, big sister Ella and Auntie Keke, Devi? Yeah!" Kamala says in a babyfied voice at Devi.

Doug begins to ring Cole, Ella and Kerstin and he, Kamala and Devi all wait for everyone to answer.

Ella answers the Zoom call first and she quickly sits down so she has a decent video background.

"Dad! Hey! What are you doing up this late? Usually you and Momala are in bed by now because of work!" Ella says as she giggles and smiles ear to ear at her dad.

"Hey, baby girl! And I know it is late, but someone  really really wants to meet you!" Doug says softly as he shows Kamala and Devi sitting together.

Devi is laying on Kamala's bare chest and is covered up with a gray baby blanket.

"Hi, Ella! Your baby brother Devi just wanted to say hi and meet you!" Kamala says softly with a big grin on her face.

Ella gasps loudly as she sees Devi's little head popping out of the gray blanket. Devi is now asleep and looks extremely cute. Ella begins to cry as she admires her little brother for the very first time.

"Oh my god! He is here! He is soooooo cute! When was he born?" Ella asks as she wipes away her happy tears away from her cheeks.

"Around an hour ago!" Kamala says as Ella smiles and admires Devi.

"He is so little and squishy! Aww! Usually babies are ugly when they are born but Devi is adorable!" Ella says as she giggles and smiles at Devi.

"He is little! Six pounds, ten ounces! Nineteen inches long!" Doug says proudly as he kisses Kamala's cheek.

"Did giving birth hurt, Momala?" Ella asks curiously making Doug and Kamala both laugh.

"Hell yeah it did! Having a water birth is amazing for pain and your dad was the best coach ever. He stayed with me the whole entire time and he helped me deliver Devi too." Kamala explains to Ella and Ella smiles.

"Woah! That's so cool! And Doug didn't faint during the labor or birth?" Ella asks playfully, causing Kamala to giggle loud and Doug to smile.

"Nope! I didn't pass out or faint!" Doug says with a grin and a giggle.

"Wow, that's a shocker!" Ella says with some sass causing Kamala to laugh again.

Just then, Cole and his girlfriend Greenley both appear on the Zoom call! The couple waves happily at Doug, Kamala and Devi.

"Hey, Momala and Dad!" Cole say with a grin at Kamala and Doug.

"Hello, Kamala and Doug!" Greenley says as she hugs Cole's arm and smiles.