announcing the news to the world

*Kamala and Doug announce their pregnancy to the whole world! Thank you so much to camillapaige for helping me write this! I really appreciate it! Enjoy!*

February 18th, 2021

Kamala, Doug, Jill and Joe are all in the White House having lunch together. They don't often all have lunch together but it is very nice when they can!

Doug, Kamala and Joe are all having McDonald's while Jill got a chicken salad from a local food place.

Doug is having a spicy chicken sandwich with a Coke, Kamala is having a ten piece chicken nugget meal with her gallon of water water jug and Joe is having a Big Mac with a vanilla milkshake.

"Michelle Obama would really hate seeing us having McDonald's for lunch instead of salads and fruit." Doug jokes, causing Kamala, Jill and Joe to all laugh loudly.

"She really would! I'm telling on you three next time I see her!" Jill says playfully as she drinks some of her water.

"I really hate that I'm craving bad foods during my pregnancy. Like all I want is sweets and fast food. Obviously I don't eat sweets and fast food all of the time. Well, today I am. Oops.." Kamala says as she enjoys some french fries and giggles a little.

"It is very normal to crave bad and different kinds of foods! It has happened to every women I have known! I craved all kinds of chocolate with Ashley. You know how much chocolate ice cream Joe and I ate while I was pregnant?" Jill says as she and Kamala both giggle at each other.

"Jill ate one of those gallon buckets of ice cream by herself in a week!" Joe says playfully to Kamala and Doug, making them both laugh.

"Oh, stop! I didn't eat a whole gallon of ice cream by myself! You, Beau and Hunt all helped too!" Jill says as she playfully smacks Joe's thigh and Joe playfully yells ow.

"I know, Jilly. I'm just kidding, sweety." Joe says as he tenderly kisses Jill's cheek.

"Kamala and I have been eating and really enjoying Halo Top ice cream. It is really good and it's an 'healthier' option." Doug says as he chuckles.

"Oh, Joe and I have tried that! I don't think Joe liked it too much because it's healthier." Jill says as she smiles and winks at Joe, causing him to smile at her.

"It doesn't have the same taste as regular ole ice cream does." Joe says as he continues to enjoy his milkshake.

"I only have Doug get two small containers of Halo Top at a time because we could easily eat them both in one sitting!" Kamala says as she laughs and Doug smirks.

"We really could and we did the other night." Doug says as Kamala blushes out of embarrassment and giggles with Doug.

"But Kamala, I wouldn't worry about the food too much. As long as you are gaining a good amount of weight, the baby is growing and you are healthy, I wouldn't worry about it. You are glowing today by the way." Jill says with a motherly smile.

"Aww, thank you, Jill! I feel so much better now that I am in the second trimester of pregnancy! And I think Doug and I felt him kick the other day!" Kamala says as she rubs her stomach and so does Doug.

"Oh, that is really exciting! I remember when Joe and I first felt Ashley kicking and moving around in my belly. It was so magical." Jill says as she and Joe both reminisce on the moment.

"It felt like a tiny kick to me!" Doug says proudly as he continues to rub Kamala's stomach.

"It feels like little kicks to me too! Hopefully it isn't gas! That would be so embarrassing!" Kamala says as she, Doug, Jill and Joe all laugh.