meeting grandpa (pt 2)

Start from the beginning

"Ivy! There you are! Can I have a hug, baby girl?" Meena says as she bends down to Ivy's level.

"Mee Mee!" Ivy says happily as she gives her cousin a hug.

"Awww! Thank you! Amara and Leela said they can't wait to see you the next time they visit! You love my girls, don't you?" Meena asks the thirteen month old.

"Ya!" Ivy says with a smile at Meena.

"Ivy! Hi, pretty girl!" Maya says as she begins to give Ivy lots of kisses.

Ivy giggles and smiles at Maya, happy to see her Auntie!

"Aww, your shirt! You are a Daddy's girl, huh!" Maya says to Ivy as she kisses Ivy again.

"Oh she totally is! Always wants to be held by Doug!" Kamala says as she, Maya and Meena all giggle and awe at Ivy snd Doug's relationship.

"Let's all sit in the living room and catch up!" Doug says to everyone.

Doug and Maya stay close to Donald while Kamala and Meena hold Ivy and Devi's hands.

After the adults sit down, Devi and Ivy crawl onto the couch too with the latter sitting in Doug's lap.

"Wait a minute. Kamala? I suppose these two little ones are my grandchildren?" Donald asks with a shocked look in his eyes.

"Yes, yes they are, Dad!" Kamala says with a big smile at Donald.

"This is our son Devi and this is our daughter Ivy!" Doug says proudly as Ivy looks at Donald, curiously on who this man is.

Devi looks at Donald as well, trying to figure out what to do next.

"How old are they?" Donald asks Doug and Kamala.

"Devi just turned two last month and Ivy is a year old as of July!" Kamala says with a smile.

"They are growing up so fast!" Doug says as he holds Ivy close and Ivy giggles.

"They sure are!" Meena says, quickly reminiscing on when Devi and Ivy were born and now they are toddlers.

"It took her long enough to have some babies, huh?" Maya says playfully to Donald, causing everyone to chuckle loudly.

"That's okay. It happened when it was suppose to happen, right Kam?" Donald says as Kamala smiles, holding her Dad's hand tightly.

"Right, Dad. And I agree with that 100%! I feel like Mommy is the reason they are here." Kamala says as Donald nods with a smile.

"I am sure. Your mother loved being a grandmother and she knew you would be a great mother if you wanted to be one. These two are lucky to have you as a mom." Donald says as Kamala smiles.

"Devi, Ivy, this is Grandpa! This is Mommy's dad!" Doug says as Devi happily waves and Ivy continues to look at Donald.

"Hiii!" Devi says as he waves again.

"Hello! You are Devi. You know, that's your mother's middle name." Donald says as Devi ooos.

"Aww, Ivy is being shy!" Meena says with a giggle.

"Ivy, you don't have to be shy, baby!" Maya says as Ivy holds onto Doug.

"She's a Daddy's girl." Doug says as he kisses his daughter on the head, causing Ivy to smile.

"Hello, Ivy. You look so much like your late grandmother." Donald says softly to Ivy and Ivy looks at him again.

"Kam and I agree with that! She's Mommy's twin!" Maya says with a grin.