Chapter Forty-eight: Engagement and birthday party II

Start from the beginning

"Mia.....you look gorgeous." Jace continues "I know you probably don't want me here and I'm sorry if I'm being an intruder. I haven't been in my right mind, Mia, I couldn't stop thinking about you. I could hardly focus on other things around me because of my thoughts about you. I wake up every morning and all I wanna do is call to check on you and the fact that I couldn't do that devastated me. Given how I've been for the past few days or weeks, I knew I'd definitely go crazy if I stayed another minute without setting my eyes on you and now that I see you, I feel really good. You may choose not to speak to me but looking at those pretty eyes of yours now is enough for me." Jace says.

Exploding into tears, I run into Jace for a hug, making him stumble backwards a little.

"I'm....I'm...so sorry. I'm really sorry. I'm sorry...." I say while sobbing.

Jace pulls me off him by my shoulders.

"Are you crying? Hey, don't cry. You'll ruin your beautiful makeup. Please, don't cry." Jace says.

"I'm so sorry....I.....I....shouldn't have ignored you....I shouldn't have said those things to you.....I'm....I'm...."

Jace cuts me off by pulling me into another hug, a passionate one.

"Don't apologize. You don't have to apologize." Jace says.

As hard as it is to believe, I'm wrapped up in a hug with Jace.

This feels nice....

I guess I should call this a wish come true.

Just some minutes ago, I wished for Jace's presence and here it is.

It feels really magical.

"Girls, thank God! Did you find Mia.....yet? What's going on here?" I hear my mom's voice ask, making me pull away from Jace, but not quickly.

I take Jace's hand and we move closer to the porch where my mom, Michelle and Amber are standing.

"Mom....umm..." I wipe my tears with my thumb. "This is Jace Harris. Jace, meet my mom." I say, sniffing.

"Hello, ma'am." Jace greets.

"Hello, dear. How're you?" My mom asks.

"I'm good, ma'am. Thank you for asking." Jace says.

"You're welcome, child. Mia, I've been looking for you. I didn't know you left the party." My mom says.

"It was gonna be just a few minutes break but then....." I say as I turn to look at Jace.

"Anyway, you should come back in. It's time for you to cut your cake." My mom says.

"Okay, mom." I say.

"All of you, inside.....including our new guest." My mom says.

She's referring to Jace.

"Oh....umm....I'm not really well dressed for the occasion." Jace says.

"It doesn't matter. You're part of us now." My mom says.

What???

"Okay. Thank you, ma'am." Jace says.

"Now, let's head inside. We've got a cake waiting to be digged into." My mom says.

"Alright! Let's go!" Michelle says excitedly.

"Yeah!" Amber says.

They start heading into the house.

Jace and I chuckle lightly.

I take Jace's hand once again and lead him to the front door.

*************
Jace's POV......

I think things have worked out the way I hoped it would.