37

an:
I finished writing this as a bonus chapter but thought it was too good to not be included here so sorry for the confusion

this is Chapter 37 <3

please do comment and vote!

T A T I A
37 | definition of love

"How long have you and Reece been together?" Isabelle's voice cuts through the hum of the mall as we navigate the tampon section.

I grab a few packs, my eyes briefly glancing over the adjacent pad section. The brand-new overnight pad releases catch my attention—a practical addition to the shopping list.

"Hmm?" I mumble, absently inspecting each pack, lost in my thoughts.

Shopping for personal items is usually not my task; Reece's staff takes care of them as long as I can provide a specific list. But since Isabelle has never been to LA, I thought a day out might be fun. We explored the Hollywood sign, the Walk of Fame, and various other sites. She and Mom have moved here with me recently and stay a floor below us. As evening approached, we decided to stop by the mall for some essentials. I will be having my periods in a week, and preparation is key.

"Reece and you," Isabelle nudges me, her elbow gently bumping against mine as she reaches for a pack. "How long have you been together?"

I stand straight after scrutinizing the products in the aisle.

"About seven months."

"That's great," she muses, a hint of admiration in her eyes. "You guys are cute together."

"Thank you."

"Has Reece ever had any exes?" she inquires, swinging the basket carrying a few items for her mom, who's at the hospital.

Together, we make our way to the counter. The short line ensures our turn arrives quickly.

"Yeah," I respond, placing both mine and Isabelle's items together. "He almost got married once too."

The said boyfriend of mine is back at home with a broken leg, following the doctor's advice to let it heal. He has been so grumpy lately since I have been denying him sex until he gets well. I only went as far as to give him a blowjob two nights ago after taking pity on him. I had my jaw aching for the entirety of the next day with how hard he went with me.

As the cashier begins tallying the items, we wait for the receipt. Isabelle is extra chirpy today. She has been asking questions about Reece all day. It has started to become annoying by this point.

"Hmm..." she hums, not quite meeting my gaze. "He's very hot."

My nerves tense at her words, and I shoot her a pointed look, which she deflects with an innocent smile.

"Just saying," she grins a little too white. "You're very lucky."

I try to shake off the discomfort, opting for a simple nod as I pay for the items with my credit card.

"Will you guys come to dinner tonight?" she asks. "And bring Shiver too."

"Shouldn't you be studying for your classes?" I tease. "It won't be online for long."

"I'll do that, but it's good to have you and Reece for dinner. Reece loved the casserole I made the other day. I'll make it tonight too."

Her eyes glimmer with excitement, but something in my heart twists uncomfortably. What I thought might have been a passing fancy appears to be a budding crush. I have observed how she always dresses up a little extra when Reece is around, how her eyes light up at his every word, and how she is always ready to assist him since he can't walk without support. Not to mention, this is the fourth dinner invitation in a week.