21

an: vote first and comment as you go <3

T A T I A
21 | predator among prey

The sound of his voice is eerily familiar to someone I fear the most. For a moment, I am frozen by that vile man's grip on me, believing that it is him behind.

It's not him.

Ryan strides onto the balcony, exuding the aura of a GQ model. He's dressed in an all-black ensemble, with the top few buttons of his shirt undone beneath his suit. His chiseled, handsome face takes on a wicked expression, akin to a powerful king, as he looms over the British man.

The man ceases his grip on me like I was the one who asked him to hold me against my wishes.

"Ryan," the British guy says, appearing visibly panicked as he gulps deeply. "I was just chatting with the lovely lady. She was feeling a bit sick."

What an ass

I press my nails into my palms as Ryan gives the man a once over as if he were staring at a bug on his shoe.

"I can see why," he remarks, jutting his chin in a gesture for me to move away.

I quietly do so, moving myself behind Ryan and allowing his tall frame to shield me.

The British guy gives an awkward laugh, placing the glass he just tried to shove in my mouth on the table beside my own glass. He adjusts his tie and forwards a slimy hand to Ryan to shake.

"I didn't get to meet you before. Excellent party! Thanks for inviting me, mate."

Ryan smirks, accepting the handshake. "My pleasure. Tatia darling?"

"Yeah?" I answer, looking over his shoulder as my eyes collide with the man's.

"Do shut the doors behind you." Ryan's grip on the man's hand tightens into a claw-like hold. "We wouldn't want anyone to see what happens here."

The chills that spread in the air at the deadly note in his voice make the short blond hairs on the man's hand rise. He stares at Ryan while I take a step to the side, folding my arms and offering Ryan an amused stare.

"Never thought I'd see Ryan Pierce fighting for a woman's honor," I joke because apparently, that's what I do these days.

One of the effects of living with Reece Pierce is that you slowly start to color yourself like him.

I can understand why Reece has a great sense of humor. It does help with the anxiety of a ridiculous situation such as this.

Ryan snaps his eyes towards me, his smirk tuning to a knowing grin. "Two years and you're still a bitch."

I stick my tongue out, both of us ignoring the other guy in the area.

"Same to you."

Ryan chuckles. "I'm not that bad."

"Pfft!" I show him my resting-bitch face. "Hell called. They want Satan back."

Ryan looks at the man, not releasing his vise-like grip. "See, mate?" he taunts the man. "She believes I'm the devil. A little far-fetched, don't you think?"

"Release me now," the man demands helplessly, trying to pull his hand out of Ryan's grasp.

"What's the hurry?" Ryan pouts, giving a listless shake of his head. "The night's young." He then moves his eyes on me, this time with all the spark of humor gone in them. "Tatia...get out."