[ 𝟏𝟎 ] - 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐧

Start from the beginning

    However, even as this thought crossed her mind, she found it strange when Pentious kept glancing at her from the corner of his eye. If anything, it was almost as if he had a reason to be interested in her presence, the fact a little strange to her.

   "Anyways," (Y/N) started again after Charlie caught up Sir Pentious about her situation, all eyes immediately turning towards her. "I think I agree with Charlie about the room. I mean, I just think it would be nice to have a bit of privacy. And since I am a guest, it only makes sense, like Charlie said."

    "'Privacy?'" Alastor placed a hand on her shoulder, leaning over her with a rather smug grin. "Why would you need such a thing when you have me?"

    (Y/N) blinked.

    "Um... because it is you," she pointed out.

    "Hm," he shrugged as he retracted his hand. "Fair enough, my dear."

    Breathing out a sight of relief, (Y/N) then tuned in to Charlie who began explaining what they'd be doing considering everyone was now introduced. Although she already knew that they'd be doing a skit where Angel Dust would play as a drug-addicted conman while Pentious would be an innocent yet good child, the result was far more hilarious than she expected. Many times throughout Angel's reluctant performance, she had to place a hand over her mouth to stop herself from chuckling. Moreover, how Pentious enlarged his eyes to the point where there were child-like sparkles in them made her wheeze.

    Charlie kept looking at her strangely.

    Vaggie was expressionless

    Husk only shrugged as he downed his alcohol, Niffty next to him looking excited.

    Then there was Alastor.

    He looked as amused by the skit as (Y/N) was, but all the same, from how his gaze drifted down to her whenever she seemed close to bursting out laughing allowed anyone observing—not that anyone was—to see that he found her just as entertaining.

    "Yes!" Charlie cheered after Pentious completed his performance, standing up and clapping in a one-person standing ovation. "Oh, bravo, bravo!"

    (Y/N) glanced at Angel.

    His expression twisted into one of bitterness.

Then, he walked off.

    With everyone distracted by Pentious and Charlie's praise of him, she sidled out of the room and up towards the stairs so she could follow Angel to his room. Although she already knew what he was struggling through, she wanted him to open up to her. Meaning, she wanted to become his friend and a pillar of support for him that he could lean against when he needed it.

She knew he needed it.

Out of everyone in the show, she knew that if she could emotionally support anyone and just be present with them, it would be Angel.

"Angel?" She murmured softly as she rapped her knuckles lightly against the door.

"What?" His muffled voice could be heard.

"Uh... I know we aren't close, but you didn't look too good after the skit, so I came up here to see if you were okay," (Y/N) responded truthfully, her (E/C) eyes full of nothing but worry for the one who tended to drift towards self-destruction when he was at his lowest. "Well... even if you say you're okay, I don't know if I'd believe you." She chuckled as she said that, resting her palm against the door before lowering her gaze and continuing, "I don't mean to be pushy. I just know that if you're truly not okay, having someone care is enough."

Silence followed after her words.

She let out a slow sigh.

"Anyways, I'll leave you be. I hope we can become friends, soon."

With that, (Y/N) drew away from Angel's room, not realizing that tears were now pricking at the corners of his eyes from her words—words that were simple yet struck a deep chord within him due to it seeming as if it had been a long time since anyone took the time to check up on him. Now turning down the hall, (Y/N) almost let out a shriek when coming face to face with Alastor, his grin completely overtaking his face as he leaned down.

"A-Alastor," she stuttered, trying her best to smoothen out her shocked expression. "You startled me. What's up?"

"I believe the sky is up, my dear, but I'm more interested in your little conversation with the spider," Alastor clarified as he straightened up, setting both hands on the top of his cane, his fingers drumming against the surface. "Why do you feel the need to involve yourself in his situation? It doesn't concern you in the slightest, so why?"

"'Why?'" (Y/N) quoted, her brows furrowing. "I don't know... I just wanted to."

"Hm..." he hummed. "How strange..."

How strange indeed...