Chapter 2- Draining training

Start from the beginning

Loki was already there, in his suit made of 'fine Asgardian leather', standing poised in the center, testing out the limits of the bracelet. He turned to face me even thought I hadn't even made a sound.

"Hello darling, ready to finally do something interesting in here?" he asked, his bright eyes shining from the foremention of using magic in this dull tower.

"It's about time I learnt how to use my powers. Got to use them on Stark and Thor to have a little fun around here."

Magic for mischief sounded like an excellent plan. The simple thrill of having more power than other cocky members of this tower and being able to mess with them.

He chuckled appreciatively before motionning for me to come closer.

"Right. I will use my powers to try and figure out what yours are. Don't worry, I won't go prying or anything." he explained in a calm manner. Up close, his face looked like the one of a shiny porcelain doll, except that this one had sharp cheekbones and dazzling jewels instead of eyes.

"Try me if you dare Loki." I responded with the same grin.

He placed his hand on my forehead and I felt cool from his gentle touch as his magic flowed through me like a blue river. His eyes were closed in concentration and it was almost as if I could feel him going through my mind, like someone goes through a pile of papers. Too soon, he removed his cold hand.

"Well Y/n. Quite a full head you have there. Didn't know you were so smart, pixie." he looked mischieviously at my reaction, knowing how funnily infuriating it could be to be called pixie. First by Stark then by Loki.

"Well Reindeer Games, found anything interesting in there other than what I already knew?" I stepped closer to him, defying him.

He let out a low chuckle again, "Well if you must know, now I know your favorite colour, which is f/c, even though I largely prefer dark green. As well as what your bedroom looks like. Never imagined you'd be into that kind of decor. And is your favorite dish really that?"

Oh, how I wanted to punch the smirk off that pretty face.

"You done now, Inspector?"

"Only if you want it to be." Loki whispered in my ear. I felt the blood rush to my cheeks. He grinned, clearly knowing of the effect his words had had on me. "Your powers are healing, of course moving entities, objects et cetera, you also seem to have slight ice powers. But most fascinatingly, you have telepathic powers. You can see the emotions and slightly connect thus reading the memories of your target" he said the end staring deep into my eyes and therefore my mind and soul.

"What?!" How on Earth do I have that and hadn't noticed earlier? But then again, my powers were rough, most of them unknown. I didn't really know where they came from those powers. It was all a blur, something with Greek mythology I think. It felt like it had been fogged over and I wasn't particularly keen on dusting those parts of me. Maybe it was best to leave it to the unknown.

Loki sat down, cross legged on the floor and gestured to me to do the same.

"What you're going to do is close your eyes first off and trust me." Even with my eyes closed, I could still sense the smirk on his face. "Focus on one thing at a time. Start by your breathing. Without calm, you will not be able to start channelling the power that you possess."

I took several deep breaths, trying to follow a regular pattern. One that had been practised and honed over the years, mostly guaranteed to work.

Once that had been achieved, his guidance followed on, "Then you're going to focus on the energy that flows within and try to move it to your hands."