Come, Darling

When we returned to the castle, my staff returned to their duties and I was left alone in my bedroom. I changed out of my gown into my night gown and took an early nap.

|----|

   "Princess?" I woke up to a voice. "Sebastian?" I asked unconsciously. "No, it's Reya, Your Highness." She called out. "Come in." I sat up, rubbing my eyes. "The siblings have prepared tea and snacks for you." She explained. Reya rolled the tea cart to my bedside and poured some into a teacup. "Thank you." I smiled as she handed me the cup. I took a sniff of the tea and sighed happily. "Earl Grey Tea, how wonderful." I took a small sip. As I took a sip, I noticed a letter on the tea cart. I rested the teacup on the tray and picked it up. "Ah, I almost forgot. A letter from the Earl of Phantomhive." Reya explained.

   "Phantomhive?" I asked aloud, picking up a knife and cutting the wax seal to open it. "Call if you need me, Your Majesty." With that, Reya left. I unfolded the piece of paper and read the message aloud. "'Your Majesty, I want to thank you for accompanying me last night and the day before. It was greatly appreciated and I hope we meet again soon. As an extra thank you, I have sent some gifts that should be arriving by the time you read this letter.' Ooh, gifts, how sweet." I giggled. "'Until we meet again Your Highness, Ciel.'" I smiled as I climbed out of bed.

   I slipped my feet into my slippers and walked out of my room. Down the stairs I glided towards the front doors. I opened them only to be covered by an avalanche of flowers and stuffed animals. "Princess!" Toru shouted, running towards me. Emile ran up behind him and helped to dig the gifts out of the way. "Princess, are you alright?" Toru asked, helping me to my feet. "Yes, thank you, Toru." I sighed. "Where did all of this come from?" He asked, looking at the mountain of gifts. "They all came from Earl Phantomhive." I explained. "Ifera, Reya, have this cleaned before lunch. Toru, you're coming with me on an outing, be ready in the next 5 minutes." I ordered, walking back to my bedroom.

   I walked into my closet and stepped back when Sebby and Hinata ran out, almost tackling me when they saw me. "I missed you, too!" I giggled. "Want to help me find an outfit for today?" I asked, standing up. They ran past me and went in search. Seconds later, they were both mewing loudly. The outfit was a pair of light purple leggings with a long sleeved, purple tail-coated top with gold accents. The sleeves had slits that opened them up and dark purple gloves to match. Hinata mewed loudly once again and pointed to black heeled boots. "Nice job, you two." I petted them in between their ears and went to get dressed.

   I glided down the staircase where Toru was patiently waiting. "My apologies if I've kept you waiting. Shall we depart?" I asked with a smile. "Yes, we shall!" He smiled, opening the doors for me. "Allow me to fetch the carriage, My Lady." Toru bowed. "You needn't bother yourself with something like that. We shall go on foot." I insisted, walking towards the kingdom. Toru rose with a confused face but smiled, nevertheless. "Sure!" He skipped happily behind me, humming.

   I looked around my kingdom just as the sun was setting and watched the street lights turn on. People who were just walking around disappeared off the street. Once the last person disappeared, the streetlights all blew out. I heard the familiar sound of clacking heels and turned around, attempting to trace the sound. "Good to see you again, deary!" I laughed at recognition of the voice as she jumped down from a building. "Good to see you, too, Grell." I smiled. Grell smiled back before she noticed Toru standing behind me looking a bit nervous. "Oh, Grell this is Toru. One of the castle staff. Toru, this is Grell Sutcliffe, she's a grim-" I was cut off. "The bernette butler, Grell Sutcliffe. What do you say? Let's get along." She blew a kiss to Toru, making him shiver.

   "Now isn't the time, Grell. More importantly, what are you here for?" I asked her, stepping in between her and Toru. "It seems someone here is scheduled to die. An Ila Geelson. Quite a boring night, otherwise. How about you, darling?" She asked me. "I'd say the same. Sebastian's with Ciel for the time-being and I have naught to do. Toru and I were on our way to see the kingdom's detective." I sighed, crossing my arms. "Oh dear. Bassy leaving you alone? That doesn't seem like him at all, despite the constant mystery he proves to be." Grell giggled to herself.

   "He's with Ciel at the moment, so I'm not worried." I chuckled. I stood awkwardly, not sure of what to say when I got an idea. "Grell, what was the reason for Ila to die?" I asked. "Hm... says here she died from being attacked. Poor girl." Grell replied, looking through her notebook. "Did it specify what she was attacked by?" Toru asked, peeking out from behind me. "Not that I know of. Any ideas, cutie?" Grell asked, winking at Toru. "Please don't flirt with my staff, Grell." I suggested. "How dare you, darling! It's not my fault all your workers are gorgeous!" She shouted.

   "Either way, might we be able to come with you for this particular soul?" I asked, desperately wanting something to do. Grell tapped her chin and thought it over. "I don't see why you couldn't." She finally said. "Come, my dear! Let us embark on this deadly thrilling adventure together!" Grell posed before running off towards the target, Toru and I close behind.

(993 words)

   *Hi luvs! Guess who's back! Sorry for such a short chapter, writer's block is killing me! Have a good day/evening/night!*