I Appreciate It, My Lady

As Sebastian and I were on our way to the village, lit by street lights, I realised that Sebby was sitting right across from me. "When did you get here, Sebby?" I cooed, picking him up. "Seems like we have a sneaky one in our household," Sebastian chuckled. "Reminds me of a certain someone," I teased with a smirk on my face. "My Lady!" Sebastian gasped. "How you wound me so." Sebastian sighed dramatically.

   I giggled at his reaction. As we pulled into the village, Sebastian stopped at our normal spot, and we climbed out. Before I could examine the scene, Buford was running towards us, shouting. "Princess!" His deep voice boomed. "I fear that the killer has struck again, although something is different. If you'll come with me to my office, I will show you what I'm talking about." He sighed, out of breath. "Well, show me then." I gestured. "Right this way, princess." Buford finished, taking one last deep breath before turning on his heels and walking back.

   I hooked my arm with Sebastian's and we followed the old man. We walked to a shabby looking building with a tattered sign on top that was unreadable. Buford gestured us towards the back of the building, where his office was. The room was dirt and very horrid-looking; I grimaced at the sight.

   "I give you my sincerest apologies, Your Highness. Us detectives are major procrastinators, and we forget to clean up regularly." He chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of his head. "Sebastian, clean this place from head to toe. I will not be reentering until this place is spotless." I commanded. "Yes, My Lady." Sebastian bowed, holding his hand to his chest. "Everyone, I advise that you exit the building for just a few minutes." Sebastian said to everyone as he carried me out of the building in princess-style. Sebastian set me down, and bowed down with his hand over his chest. "I shall have the place glowing, My Lady." His eyes glowed that devilish red I had seemed to have gotten used to.

   "I hope you don't disappoint me, Mittens." I replied. "I would never imagine disappointing you, My Lady!" Sebastian shouted from inside th building. I saw a black speck flying all around the building that was slowly becoming cleaner and cleaner. When the job was done, Sebastian opened the door. "Please, do come in." He gestured the men inside. "You'll find that everything has been organised and cleansed to the boot." He explained. The men were all walking around, admiring Sebastian's work.

   I looked around with them, examining every nook and cranny. "Is it acceptable, My Lady?" Sebastian whispered from behind me. I whipped around in annoyance and stared him down. "I'm going to have to ask you to stop doing that. I needn't repeat myself, correct?" I cocked my eyebrow. "Of course, My Lady." He bowed. "Now that we have passed that ordeal... you did a good job, Mittens." He leaned down and I patted his head. "I thank you, My Lady." He hummed in response.

   "Now that this place is finally clean, let's discuss the murder case, shall we?" I suggested, walking back to Buford's office. "Ah, of course, princess." Buford followed behind along with Sebastian. When I entered the room, I noticed a me-sized throne towards the back of the room, in front of Buford's desk. A small smile spread across my face as I sat down, crossing my legs, and resting my head on the palm of my hand.

   "As I mentioned before, the killer has struck again, however I fear that we're dealing with something out of the ordinary. If you would look at these photographs, you can see the three attacks of our current problem." He slid some pictures in front of me. I examined them closely. The first two were from the first two deaths we came across. However, the last one was a new victim. It was a man who looked to be in his thirties, with a big bite out of his torso, and my eyes widened at the sight. "As you know, the first two deaths were that of a normal murder. However, this victim has had a major injury in his torso. It could be a bite of some sort of demon," Sebastian narrowed his eyes at the man.

   "Or it could be that of a dog, we've yet to figure it out." Buford finished. "I doubt it would be that of a demons," I snuck a side-eye at Sebastian. "But you might be on to something with the dog topic." I finished. "Have your men work as hard as you possibly can on this case. I shall pull my weight and help out also. This could be dangerous for the entire kingdom." I stood up and walked out.