Ruthless, My Lady

"This phase will test your endurance, strength, agility, and overall performance." I gestured towards the next part of their test. "You will have to balance on these stepping stones you see here," I hopped across the stones. "Go across the moving monkey bars," I easily went across. "Destroy three dummies," I punched my hand through one and shot the other two. "Shoot your target with an arrow," I alighned the bow and shot. I didn't land perfectly in the middle, but I was close. "And climb one of the three walls." I ran up the biggest wall and pressed the button. "Then, and only then can you press the big green button on top, marking your completion." I explained.

   "Child's play," Ifera chuckled. "I advise you all to line up, for the countdown begins now." Sebastian said. "3, 2, 1, go!" I shouted, jumping off the wall into Sebastian's arms. They all ran towards the stepping stones and hopped on the first one of their section. They all jumped on the rocks like it was a game of hopscotch. When it came to the moving monkey bars, Ifera almost missed the bars but caught the next one with his other hand. Toru and Reya were easily able to get across the monkey bars.

   Then came the dummy stage. Instead of taking the gun on the table, Reya pulled out her own and shot all three where the heart would be in a split second. Toru walked up to the dummies and simply pulled them apart like they were thin pieces of fabric. I watched as Ifera picked up the gun and shot three times, but completely missed. Despite that, the dummies all exploded.

   Ifera chuckled and ran to the highest, and hardest of the walls while Reya and Toru took the second biggest. The all took a big breath before running towards the walls. Ifera missed the ledge and stumbled back down. Reya made it and pressed the button, Toru following behind, and lastly, Ifera. I was too busy paying attention to those three to notice that four other people were still going. Two girls were stuck at the dummy stage. One guy was stuck at the moving monkey bars, and another had fallen off a stepping stone.

   "Evelyn, Emile, please escort the few who haven't completed the course out, please." I ordered. "Of course, my Princess." Evelyn answered. "Now that I have seen your primary abilities, run all the way back to the starting line." I said. "Do you think that was a bit too soft, Mittens?" I asked. "Absolutely ruthless, My Lady." Sebastian smiled. "Perfect," I smiled, returning my view to my new staff. Surprisingly, Toru was the first one to finish, Reya and Ifera following just behind him. "I won that, no argument!" Ifera ran a hand through his hair. "Whatever helps you sleep at night, bastard. We both know I won fair and square." Reya sighed.

   "I do believe it was a tie." I added. Ifera glared at me and I smirked. "Nevermind that. Congratulations to the three of you. You have demonstrated your strength, agility, and precision." I smiled at them. "Congratulations on becoming a part of the Royal Family's staff. Evelyn and Emile will take you to your rooms, Sebastian, with me." I walked back inside the palace. "I do hope these people you've chosen will fulfill their specific duties." Sebastian muttered. "I'm sure they will. But haven't you noticed something's... off with the Ifera fellow?"

   I turned towards Sebastian. "You think I wouldn't have noticed that he's a demon?" Sebastian raised his eyebrow. "No, I figured that. I was just wondering. He isn't like you or Claude." Sebastian looked at me confused. "What I mean by that is, he doesn't have a contract or anything of the sort." I sighed. "Oh, why of course not! Did you think all demons were the same?" Sebastian leaned closer to me. "M-maybe." I pouted, looking away.

   "It's quite alright, My Lady." Sebastian giggled. "Ifera is the type of demon we call 'Cambion'. A half-breed, if you will. Cambions come from either an incubus or succubus who have mated with a human." Sebastian explained. "So I have a sex demon in my house?" I panicked. "A half sex demon. Since he is only a half-breed, his powers aren't as strong as a normal incubus." Sebastian finished. "I guess that's fine, then." I looked at a nearby clock. "Past 10 o' clock, huh? Well, good night, Sebastian." I began to walk up the stairs to my bedroom. "I shall tuck you in, My Lady." Sebastian insisted.