"You're punishment for this pack and it's not fair. Zayn Malik is weak because of you. We all agree. The least you can do now is piss off." The Omegas snickered again like their words were hilarious.

As they laughed, Liam's expected tears dried instead. His anger simmered, and the longer they laughed, the more it bubbled. This was not the life he wanted. These were not the people he wanted to live with.

"Fine," he said calmly, linking his fingers to stop fidgeting.

"I'll go then, and when Zayn returns, you can tell him why I have gone. I'm sure you'll find that just as funny." Liam was satisfied only by their silence as he stomped down the stairs, almost tripping into the corridor.

Using Zayn to scare them worked every time. Liam wished they would listen to him without Zayn's shadow, but he was a human in a werewolf's world. Liam would never look strong to them.

He stormed to the bedroom and dragged a rucksack from under the bed. He had never felt more unwanted and more desperate to get out. Liam packed a jumper and snacks they sometimes kept in the draw of Zayn's desks for movie nights. Liam rummaged through a few of Zayn's drawers until he found a torch and a lighter. He had no idea what else to take and had every intention of coming back, but he wasn't sure how long it would take to find Zayn.

Instead of wearing his yellow puffer Jacket, Liam doubled up on Zayn's black hoodies and pulled on his burgundy bobble hat. The air was chilling each day. Liam didn't want to be cold outside, not if he might spend a night in the woods.

"Wait," he said before leaving the bedroom. He smelt the hoodies he wore. They smelt of musk and of Zayn Malik. He couldn't go into a wolf-infested woods smelling like the enemy.

Liam wore his yellow puffer jacket instead. He would stick out like a dog among wolves, but at least he wouldn't be tracked for his scent, hopefully.

Liam reached the ground floor without anyone noticing him. He felt a little guilty for leaving without saying a word, but Solana would convince him to stay, and Baela would insist that she go with him. Liam had never been able to prove himself. He was a sensitive person, and quiet, and not boisterous. He liked to express his emotion, and cry when he felt the need to. He wasn't like the rest of the pack, and he doubted he would ever fit in. As long as he was human, a pack of wolves had no place of him.

Liam hurried down the pebbled path, expecting someone to run after him and ask where he was going. Niall's death had affected the wolves. Liam was the least of their worries right now, and he was glad.

"Open the gate please," he said politely.

The guards stared at him in disbelief. "Where are you going?"

"To get Zayn." Liam knew they wouldn't let him out unless he lied. "I feel he's not far, but he doesn't want to be found. Ill go to him and bring him back. Don't worry, I won't be long."

"But-"

"He'll smell others coming and I'm worried he'll run. Don't worry, he's not far." Liam cringed inside. He wasn't good at lying, but the guards believed him enough to open the gate. They didn't question why he had a backpack. Liam guessed they could smell the snacks stuffed around his warm clothes.

Liam slipped through the gate and said, "If Baela asks, tell her I'm getting Zayn." The guards were hesitantly looking at each other.

"Don't worry" Liam said again with a convincing smile. "He's not far."

He then ran into the woods with the wind in his face and fear in his heart.

********