⚕️ 8. Evan • "We Talk to a Fountain"

Hades was horrifying, even to Evan, which seemed like a shocker to him. He'd been on his own as a Half-Blood with no safe haven like Camp since he was seven. He'd seen gods before, but they were either minor gods, or Hermes, his father. Seeing one of the big three gods was intimidating.

"What do you heroes wish of me," Hades said sternly. His voice inflicted fear upon Evan, and he hoped he wasn't the only one.

Suba stepped up first. She was Hades's daughter, so it only made sense. "Uhm, father-it's me, Suba, your daughter," she said nervously. She bowed lightly. So did the others.

"Hmm," Hades mumbled. "I see. Welcome, daughter. What do you need from the god of the dead?"

"We need your help," Annabeth interrupted. "We need to find Percy Jackson, a son of Poseidon. We think he knows how to help us succeed on this quest-"

"I will have none of it," Hades said, getting up. "I still have a grudge against my brothers for continuing to have children. Another son of Poseidon? And I hear there is another son of Zeus...if you wish of my aid..." Hades pointed at the half-bloods. "I'm afraid it won't go well."

Suddenly, skeletons and undead warriors arose, and they circled the four. Evan cursed in ancient Greek under his breath. "So, we're just...winging it here?!" Adrian asked frantically, turning a 2 by 2 Rubik's Cube twice, which summoned a sea-green trident in his hands.

"That's how life goes as a Half-Blood," Evan said, holding up his Glock 19. He shot down a skeleton, and from that, came chaos. The undead started attacking. Evan noticed that Annabeth and Suba pulled out their knives.

Hades sat on his throne deviously, watching the fight. Eventually, the four half-bloods did beat the undead warriors, and Hades stood up, and put on his Helm of Darkness. Evan had heard of it before, but had never seen it in real life.

With that, Hades went invisible, and suddenly, Adrian went flying, dropping his trident, which turned back into a 2 by 2 Rubik's Cube. Next was Annabeth. Suba ran to her side. Evan tried to avoid Hades, but he, too, was struck and flung across the area, and slid off an edge. He hung on by his left hand.

He kicked off the ledge and yelled, "MAIA!"

The wing shoes burst to life midair, and he was flying. He darted back over and got a lucky hit on Hades, knocking off the Helm of Darkness. He shot Hades, landing three celestial bronze bullets in his chest, Ichor, the golden blood of the gods, spilled out.

Hades yelled in anger and raised his hands, dark magic bubbling from his hands, ready to attack. But at the perfect time, a loud crash was heard.

🔱

A blond crashed through a wall, yelling "WAIT!"

He barrel rolled to the floor, his shorts dirty. He slipped up a couple times trying to get up, his sneakers squeaking on the dark marble floor. The entire room was silent. The blond boy with glasses repeated, "Wait! Wait! Wait!" A couple of times until he got to his feet.

Who...is this? Evan wondered. The boy put his hands up and out at Hades. "Erm, lord Hades, your highness and...deadliness, we're here to save whatever oncoming threat is coming for Olympus! We need to find Percy Jackson, the son of-" He ran out of breath and took a bit to breathe.

"Are you done yet?" Hades asked, wiping his eyes. The boy finally caught his breath. "We need to find Percy Jackson."

Evan got a little suspicious. "Okay, wai-wai-wai-wai-wait, who are you, Blond-glasses?"

"Okay...for one, you're blond and also have glasses, and two-I'm Christian Anderson, son of Zeus, and that guy-specifically that guy's best friend," the boy said, pointing to Adrian.

Evan read Adrian's face. Adrian clearly didn't know what to think. "Anyway, all the confusion aside," the boy, Christian, said, turning to Hades. "Can you help us?"

...Evan tried to ignore pretty much everything that was being said. He was seriously getting bored, but in a nutshell, Hades gave them a taxi to the nearest fountain to Iris-Message this Percy Jackson.

After exiting the Underworld, the first thing that was done was Adrian hugging the absolute dog crap out of Christian...and surprisingly, Suba joined in. Evan and Annabeth exchanged a look, and looked back at the three.

The taxi honked twice on the side of the road, rushing the now five half-bloods. Evan was first to walk over to the taxi and get in. The cabbie was a skeleton with a Jamaican beanie and shades. Soon, the others got in. They squeezed into the seats together.

Once they got to the fountain, the cabbie tossed Annabeth a drachma, a golden coin of the gods, and she grabbed it out of the air. Everyone got out of the taxi and went to the fountain.

Annabeth, without hesitation, tossed the drachma into the fountain, and said, "O Iris, goddess of the Rainbow, please accept my offering."

"...Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon," Annabeth also said.

Suddenly, a faint image appeared through a small rainbow. A boy with light olive skin with short, black, curly hair, and gleaming Sea-Green eyes.

"Oh my gods, PERCY!" Annabeth exclaimed.

Percy perked up in excitement. "Annabeth?! What the heck-are you on a quest?!"

"Yes! We need your help-for the first time, we have no idea where to go!"

Percy's eyebrows furrowed slowly. "I...think I have an idea."