💀 2. Suba • "We Enter Demigod Summer Camp"

The Pegasus, Blackjack, soared through the skies. Suba didn't know what to feel. Her boyfriend had strolled up to her house on a Pegasus, and all of a sudden, they were soaring through the night sky.

"Mind maybe not freestyling? Getting a little motion sick!" She called. Adrian comforted her, to her relaxation. Meanwhile Christian was calling out things like WHOO! and WHOOPEE!

"I did NOT do my science homework, so thank God I'm not gonna be anywhere near there - wait...where are you even taking us, Blackjack?" Christian asked.

A safe place for half-bloods, Blackjack said. People like my bro Percy live there either every summer, or all year.

"'Half-Bloods?'" Adrian asked, "What is a half-blood?" Blackjack winnied, Yeesh, no explanation...short answer: demigods. Long answer: children of Greek gods. And yes, Greek Mythology...is indeed real.

"Gods, like, Zeus, Hades, Hera...?" Christian asked. Thunder crackled in the distance. Blackjack winced, You don't wanna throw those names around, man.

"How don't everyday people see this stuff?" Suba asked.

Well, since this has turned into an interrogation, I might as well just explain everything. There's this thingamajig called The Mist. Where half-bloods and gods and centaurs and satyrs would see a hellhound, mortals would see a pleasant little puppy.

"Fun," Adrian said. "Real fun.

🔱

By the time the four reached Camp Half-Blood, it was sunrise. Our parents are probably wondering about us, Suba thought. She wondered what would happen here, and if they would be staying there for more time than planned.

Camp Half-Blood looked like your everyday summer camp. A campfire, a bunch of cabins that made up an Ω shape, woods, and a camp headquarters.

Ladies and gents, welcome to Camp Half-Blood, Blackjack said.

The trio let out a "woah" in unison. People dressed in full Greek armor were swordfighting, and Suba had a feeling they weren't toy swords.

"Alright, where the heck do I sign up?" Christian asked peering over the camp, his interest clearly piqued.

You don't have to, boss, Blackjack added. Christian just grinned. When they landed, a bunch of campers surrounded the three. Suba suddenly felt really self conscious. She hadn't reslly had time to get herself together. It was four in the morning when she was forced out to deal with a fury.

Suddenly, a man's voice boomed, "Alright, alright. Let them breathe, please." The crowd departed, and at the end stood a man on horseback - at least, that's what Suba saw at first glance. She soon realized from the waist up, he was a regular man, but below his waist, he was a white stallion; a centaur, she thought.

"Welcome, half-bloods," the centaur said, "I am Chiron, the camp director."

🔱

It didn't take long until Suba experienced something even weirder.

The trio eventually split up. Christian followed Chiron, Adrian was getting routed by another camper named Drew, who said, "This way, sweetie. I'll show you around."

"Uh...'sweetie?'" Adrian repeated.

Suba felt the tiniest tinge of irritation from that. She eventually was greeted by a blonde girl with tan skin and an orange T-Shirt that read "Camp Half-Blood," which seemed to be what everyone was wearing.

"I'm Annabeth. Follow me, I'll explain everything. I'll bet you're super confused," she said. Suba nodded, "Yeah, definitely."

Annabeth showed Suba around the cabins, woods, and training areas. "This is where we see what you're good at, and, let's say, your weapon of choice."

Suba stared at the knives and swords in awe and reached for one of the knives. It was black and jagged. At the hilt, engraved into the metal, read: Skylara.

Suba picked it up and examined it.

"Like that one?" Annabeth asked. Suba nodded as she stepped in front of a dummy. Let's say, she took to it very well. In a couple seconds the dummy was beyond repair.

"Woah..." Suba mumbled, "Oh, uh, sorry about the dummy," to which, Annabeth chuckled. "Don't worry. We've got plenty.

🔱

In no time, a conch horn was blown, and Annabeth spoke, "Time for dinner." Suba hadn't realized how long they'd been at the camp. Annabeth signalled for her to come with, and Suba followed her to a dining pavilion, a campfire in the middle.

Everyone was scraping two thirds of their food into the campfire and praying about something. The trio looked at each other, confused, when Annabeth nudged Adrian, whispering, "You burn most of your food as an offering to the gods."

That's a bunch of crap, Suba thought. But I don't think the gods would like to hear that. The trio reluctantly got up and scraped some of their food into the fire. The smell was pretty pleasant. Suddenly, Adrian and Christian's eyes widened as they looked above Suba's head.

Soon, the rest of the campers noticed as well. Suba grew uncomfortable. "Wh-What...? What's wrong?"

Suba looked up to see a glowing skull symbol above her head. Her eyes widened.

"All hail Nusaiba Fariha Suba," Chiron said, also seemingly surprised, "Daughter of Hades!"