The First Show (The End)

I sat in our dressing room alone, waiting for someone to come back and get me for the show. But aside from rehearsing once and getting ready, I haven't moved from this spot. My eyes haven't moved from my phone. I want to text him. Just one message. I just want him to know how I feel. 

So I sat there, typing a long ass message that I had to scroll up and down to re-read. I went back and deleted some, then re-typed it, then deleted it again. I put some stuff in there that was absolutely irrelevant. Then I realized it was all completely irrelevant. It was pointless. It wasn't how I felt. It was how I was supposed to feel. And that's not how I felt. So I hit the delete button and didn't let it go, as I watched all of those fake feeling disappear from the screen. 

While I was halfway through deleting, a stressed out woman wearing a headset and holding a clipboard barged into the room. 

"Sody, you're on in five. Come on we've gotta go."

I stood up, still holding down the button and put my bowler hat, wanting my big brother on stage with me tonight. As I was walking/running to the riser, I finally finished the message. Two words. It wasn't much, but he would get the picture. Without looking, I hit send. 

"I'm sorry."

The words sat on my phone screen in a blue bubble torturing me. But there was no going back. Not now. Not ever. 

When I could see the guys waving me over, I picked up the pace. This only landed me on the floor, after I ran in to someone. Really Sody? You don't need any broken bones tonight. 

"I'm so sorry," the person said in a deep voice, holding their hand out, "You alright? That was a big fall."

I took his hand and stood up to get a clear look at his face. He had brown eyes that matched his hair and a crooked smile that was almost adorable. He wore a camera strap around his neck with the name Miles written in Sharpie on it and was dressed in all black. I realized I was gawking when Brody screamed my name. 

"Oh yeah I'm fine," I said casually, while walking past him. 

"Hey good luck tonight," he added, "just uh make sure you don't fall over."

He smiled at me before casually turning around and walking away. I couldn't help but smile at his sarcasm. But I can't think about that. Not now. It's not the right time. 

Brody screamed my name again and I bolted over to the risers. After giving all of the guys quick hugs,  a man handed me my guitar and helped me place the strap over my head. I then turned to face my band, feeling the happiest I've felt in a while. 

"I love you guys," I said with a big smile, "and I'm glad I'm doing this with you. I couldn't have asked for a better band than you guys. So let's kill it tonight. Let's do it for our dad's."

"For your dad, Sody," Rev said with a smile. 

I closed my eyes and smiled, remembering performing with my Dad at the dinner. And how amazing it felt. I suddenly felt less nervous. Almost as if my Dad was with me. 

"Let's do this," I asked them to which they all smiled and nodded.

I then took my place kneeling on the riser waiting impatiently for it to move. Listening to our intro video alone gave me a huge adrenaline rush. I was ready. I knew it. I could feel it. At the end of the video, a clip of us screaming "Brooklyn 24" played before the band began to rise. This is it. This is the first night of the rest of my life. And I'm more than ready. 

As I began to rise, my thought became whispers compared to the screams emerging from the crowd. Then I approached the microphone stand and smiled at the people before me. And I did what I did best. I did what I was born to do.

I opened my mouth and sang. 

--so this is it (cue tears)!!!!! i really hope you've enjoyed this book i know i have enjoyed writing it! thanks for reading it and sharing the love! 

so the second book will be out soon!! i'm still in the process of titles and such but i know where it's going so it should be up within the next week! again thanks for reading i hope you enjoyed!!! and we'' see you in book two!!! love ya lots!!!!!