The Only One

It hurt knowing he wasn't mine anymore. Knowing that he wouldn't text me in the mornings to make sure I hadn't had a nightmare while sleeping. Knowing his comforting hugs wouldn't make me feel safe anymore. Knowing his lips wouldn't linger on mine before he went up on stage to perform. Knowing he wouldn't smile at me every time I sang for him. Knowing he was gone made me feel broken.

But knowing that he broke up with me because I was too scared to tell him the truth, that hurt most of all.

I had been camped out in Leonie's bedroom for almost a week now, just feeling sorry for myself. My family tried to make me feel better, but nothing could fix this broken heart. So they just let me try to mend it on my own. I'm doing a pretty terrible job of it though.

Freddie came in, knocking on the door after he had opened it. I invited him in and he hopped up on the bed with me, holding a glass of some murky looking liquid.

"What's that," I asked him.

"Booze mends a broken heart," he responded, handing me the glass.

"Booze tends to break the heart even more," I said pushing the glass back towards him, "Where's Edney and Miranda?"

"Still at the hotel with Mitchell. He's still letting us stay there. Ryder went back to Long Beach though."

The mention of his name was a punch in the gut. Just hearing made my heart break a little bit more.

"Mitchell and I are gonna drive there to check on him today. I wanted to come check on you first. Make sure you were still alive."

"Unfortunately I am."

He leaned to give me a quick hug before making his way to the door.

"Oh uh, I don't know if this is the best time for you to see them but...Ryder's band is downstairs. They want to talk to you. They said it's urgent."

I sighed knowing this was probably about the tour. I know we broke up but I don't want them to think that means the tour is off for them. But I guess it's their decision as a band what they decide to do. So I put my glasses on and for the first time in almost a week, I made my way downstairs.

Ash, Cody, Max and Kirby were all sitting on the couch and looked up when they saw me. They seemed shocked at my appearance but also looked slightly relieved that I was still alive. Freddie gave me another little hug before grabbing his keys and walking out to his car. I took a seat in the love seat next to the couch and Ash opened his mouth to speak.

"You doing okay Sody?"

"I've been better. But I know you guys came to talk to me about something rather than my destroyed relationship with the only guy I ever really loved. So out with it."

They all gave me a small smile before Cody began to speak.

"We were offered a slot opening for another band on their tour."

Those words surprised me more than the words I thought I would hear. I thought they were going to quit the tour because of the break up. But they're quitting the tour because they're getting their big break.

"This band is just bigger than The Only," Max began, "They're world tour bigger. And we know that dates are still being added on to The Only's tour, but this opportunity is just too big for us to turn down."

"Did you tell The Only?"

"Yeah, and they're all on board. They've even spoken to the band we're going on tour with," Kirby told me.

"And what about Ryder?"

In all seriousness, I wanted to know. I wanted to know what he said. I wanted to know if he said yes.

"Ryder jumped at the opportunity. We love The Only they're the reason we got started. But we can't turn a bigger opportunity down. It's just business."

I nodded holding my tears back from his words. I wasn't only upset because I was losing some friends. But if Ryder jumped at the opportunity, I've officially lost him. I'm not getting him back.

"Sody this isn't because you and Ryder broke up. This is just what we've been waiting for and it's finally here. It's not personal, we promise."

I nodded as they all stood to leave. I gave them all hugs and told them to keep in touch before they got in their car and drove off. Out of my life. I lost them. I lost Ryder. I'm losing everyone.