The Make up

That night, I showered and put some normal clothes on. I need to tell Ryder about Arsen. And I need to do it now.

"You're going to tell him," I said to myself, "you need to do it now or you won't do it ever. You hate keeping secrets from him and you're not gonna do it anymore. Even if he never wants to speak to you again, you need to tell him."

I had to park three blocks away from the hotel. As I began to walk, someone grabbed my wrist and pulled me back.

"Ash, what are you doing here?"

"Whoa you wear glasses? Sorry, off topic. I just wanted to talk to you about last night."

"You heard about what happened?"

"Well, I heard Arsen tell Ryder that you were flirting with him. That's all I heard. But I wanted to talk to you about Ryder throwing the microphone."

I don't how he knew I would be here or why he wanted to talk about that now but I stopped to listen.

"Two years ago we were performing back in Long Beach, and we couldn't find Laz anywhere. So we decided we were just gonna go on without him. When we got up there, we saw Laz flirting with with Ryder's then girlfriend. We thought they were just talking at first, until Laz kissed her and she didn't pull away. Ryder was so mad that he kicked the bass drum in during the last song. But everyone thought that it was just kind of punk rock, so he actually left with a smile on his face."

"So Ryder's done that before? What he did last night?"

"Yeah but he seemed a lot more angry last night than he did that first time. Which only tells me that he cares about you a lot more. So just please, don't break up with him because he had a little temper tantrum. He just doesn't want to lose you."

"Don't worry Ash. I wasn't flirting with Arsen. The only one I want to be with is Ryder. I wouldn't dump him just because he threw a microphone. Anyone could do that."

He nodded and turned to leave. So I did the same.

"Oh Sody."

I turned back around.

"I know you weren't flirting with Arsen. Anyone who flirts with him doesn't have to fake a smile. And I saw him yank you down by your wrist. Don't worry about him okay? He'll be out of the band before you know it."

I nodded and turned back around to go to the hotel. My phone started ringing in my pocket and I stopped to answer it.

"Edney can I please call you back? I'm kind of in the middle of something."

"No! No you may not call me back! What is this that Miranda's telling me about Arsen blackmailing you?!"

I heard Miranda shush her on the other end.

"Look have her explain it to you, or I'll explain it to you later. But I need to go tell Ryder about him."

"You're telling him now?!"

"Yes, if I don't know then I won't ever. I've kept this a secret from him for too long. If I don't tell him now, I'm gonna blow up. Look I'll tell you when I get home okay? Promise. Thank you. Good bye."

"Wait So-!"

I hung up before she could finish and turned back around. I took two steps before I stopped dead in my tracks. My jaw slightly dropped and my eyes wide.

Ryder was standing right in front of me. He had glasses on too. He was wearing a t-shirt and black jeans and had two different socks on under his converse.

The two of us stood there for a few seconds, staring at each other. There were so many thoughts running through my head. I almost forgot what I came to tell him.

"Ryder, I need-."

"Sody, I'm sorry. I can't believe all those mean things I said to you last night. I hate myself for throwing the microphone and for pushing past you and for getting so mad at you. I just love you so much, I don't want to lose you. Especially to a guy like Arsen. I shouldn't have said anything that I said and I shouldn't have trusted him over you. You just looked so happy with him and I hated the fact that you were happy with another guy. I know it sounds selfish but I thought that I'd lost you last night. I only made things worse by getting mad at you and I'm so so sorry that I did."

I stood there trying to process it all. He was mad because he thought I liked Arsen more than him. That's a mythical case. Once I understood it all, I did the only thing I could think of. I grabbed his face and pulled him for a kiss.

"Stop it Sody," my subconscious said to me, "you have to tell him about Arsen. I know he apologized and I know you feel better. But you need to tell him now."

Before I could, open my mouth to speak he picked me up and hugged me close.

"I love you so much Sody."

"I love you Ryder."

"Do you Sody," she asked me, "because you still haven't told him."

what's up i decided to double post cause i was really excited about this chapter! don't worry everything will fall into place eventually. writing takes time grasshoppers.