The Nightmare

guys don't watch the gif too many times or you might start laughing like I did :)

I was sitting in a car that looked way too familiar. It was Arsen's car. I pulled the sun visor down. I hadn't discovered makeup yet so I'm just gonna go ahead and assume I was 16.

I turned to the driver's side and Arsen was sitting there, looking at me very uncomfortably. I know what this is. This is that night. That night he left me in Conneticut. But this time I don't think I'm gonna get out of it. 

"Sody, I'm in love with you." Those words made me shudder as I tried to unlock my door to get out. He started to lean in and I pushed him away, which only made him laugh. "You shouldn't have done that." He leaned in again and this time there was no getting him off. I kept trying to open the door and get him off of me but it wasn't working.

All I could hear was therapists telling me to try new methods with him and doctor's telling me that my bruise would heal. Then my family's voices telling me I was crazy for staying with him. 

Then I woke up.

I sat up, shouting "no" at the top of my lungs, with tears and sweat dripping down my cheeks. 

Ryder was sitting on my bed and he grabbed my shoulders to try and get me to calm down. "Hey hey it's okay. You're okay." His words just made me cry even harder as I leaned in to get another hug out of him. I realized that I wasn't okay. I'm having nightmares about his new bandmate and I can't do anything about them. 

"I was stuck....I couldn't get out of his car. He wouldn't let me out of his car."  He pulled me up and lowered his head so he could see my eyes. "Who's he?" Don't tell him Sody. You can't be the reason his band has to find another guitar player. "I don't know. I couldn't see his face." He wiped some tears off of my cheek. "It just scared you?" I nodded, feeling terrible for lying to him. 

He pulled me into his chest, soothing my nerves by rubbing his hands up and down my back. I kept trying to think about anything else but the nightmare, but it wasn't working. It wouldn't leave my mind. No matter how hard I tried to think about something else. 

"Sody baby stop crying. It's okay." I sat up and wiped my tears away and tried to stop. "I'll kick his ass if he comes back. You're safe with me I promise." If only he knew. "Do you want me to stay with you?" I nodded immediately, knowing he would probably make me feel better. 

He wrapped his arms around me as we both laid down in my bed. "Are you sure you're okay?" I nodded with a small smile on my face. "Are you sure? You don't need water or anything or-?" I put my hand over his mouth. "Ryder I'm fine. I promise." He pecked me on the lips before resting his head on the pillow and closing his eyes. 

I was scared to fall back to sleep. I didn't want to have the nightmare again. But laying here with Ryder made me feel the tiniest bit better. It made me feel as if everyhting were going to be okay. So I nuzzled my head into his neck, slowly drifitng off.

hey sorry this chapter's so short. I had the idea but the title of it didn't exactly fit my next chapter so this is what you got. hope you guys are loving it! and thanks for all the reads! love ya lots<3