Chapter 24

Bright pov

"Mike, I need you to find me details about someone. It's very urgent" I took a pause "She's here"

"Who's here?"

"Pam"

I heard him gasp through the phone and I could tell that he was as surprised as I was. When I saw her walking behind Win in the airport, my mind became blank. I didn't know what to do or say but one thing was clear to me, I had to protect Win from her.

I know why she was here and I'm not gonna let her win.

"I've called her old doctor and asked about how she got out. Turns out she got out of the hospital a year ago. They said her condition was becoming better so they discharged her.

Do you think she's fine?"

No matter how much I thought about it, I could never be so sure about her. She is unpredictable and I don't want her anywhere near Win.

So I asked an old friend of mine a favor. He was a detective and could get details of anyone overnight. I wanted to make sure everything was okay before I told Win the truth.

"How's it going, Tay?" I asked as I walked into his office. Tay smiled at me and walked towards me. "I got everything you need to know about her. So what's the plan?"

Now the only thing I had to do was to confront her. To let her know that I ain't letting her ruin anyone. I had to do this

For him.

The next day, Me, Mike and Tay decided to go to her hotel where she was staying for the time being. We walked to her room and knocked on the door. For some reason, my hands started sweating and I got nervous. This wasn't normal, I can't possibly be scared of her....right?

Two seconds later, the door opened. Pam stood right in front of me with a smirk.

"You're here!"

"Bro you never told me she was so hot" Tay whispered near my ear. I glared at him.

I cleared my throat "We need to talk"

The three of us sat across the table watching Pam's every single move. She hadn't changed much. But I could notice a few scratches and needle scars on her arm.

"Why are you here Pam?" I started talking and she smiled casually.

"We are seeing each other after so long honey, no I miss yous and I love you but why are you here? I'm disappointed"

"Don't change the topic just answer me, why are you here?" I used a firm tone which was necessary.

"I came for my friend obviously" she looked straight into my eyes "For Win" I gasped.

"Don't you even think of hurting him? He has nothing to do with us and our past. Don't include him"

She stared at me in silence and the next second I knew, the room filled with her laughter. She leaned her head on the chair, laughing as if I told her the most hilarious joke.

"I haven't even told you that I'll include him Bright. Gosh, you're so cute. I wonder how you'll react...if I do something"

I would be lying if I said I wasn't intimidated by her. She had changed so much.

"You better not Pam. He has finally found his happiness, can't you let him be happy and live in peace?" Mike spoke up for me. I knew I could count on him.

"Why should I? When he is mine." She smirked and I could feel like she was staring right inside my body.

"I'm not yours Pam. We broke up and I'm in love with someone else."