Chapter 20

1 new notification from Pam
I'm coming to Thailand

That one message turned Win's world upside down. He wasn't ready to face her and the fact that she is Bright's ex-girlfriend made him even more anxious. He couldn't concentrate anymore and the worry was making him feel burdensome.

Bright and Win were lying next to each other, cuddling and embracing their silence. Bright softly caressed the latter's hair. "Are you okay babe?" He whispered.

Win raised his head and nodded slightly. Bright smiled and his free hand wrapped around the back of Win's neck.

He leaned closer. His lips pressed against Win's soft lips. A gentle and warm kiss. The kiss wasn't prolonged, nor did it last for too long. It was just a soft and brief greeting between two lovers.

He pulled his boyfriend closer and gave a quick peck on his forehead.

The next day, the couple woke up and got ready to leave for work. Bright had successfully become the business partner for Win so that they wouldn't be separated. The whole office staff knew about their dating although they hadn't announced it officially. Everyone noticed them flirting with each other. No one questioned though, everyone was happy for them.

When they were about to get inside the elevator, the guard approached Bright and handed him a letter. "Who is it from?" Bright arched an eyebrow, wondering who it must be but suddenly he felt a shiver run down his spine.

Win got curious so he peaked at it and saw the name: From Pam💕

Everything blurred and he felt suffocated even in the open space. Win stumbled backwards and Bright immediately held him. "Baby" he called feeling concerned.

Win brushed away his hands and went off in the elevator without Bright. After reaching his office, he placed his palm on the table, gasping for air.

"Win" Bright barged into the office, face full of concern. "Are you okay?" He slowly approached his boyfriend.

"..."

"Baby talk to me. Are you okay?" He took a pause "What's wrong baby? At least tell me what I did wrong..."

Win turned his head towards Bright and stared at him. As if he trying to hypnotize him and get the truth out of Bright. "Who is Pam?"

Bright widened his eyes upon hearing that particular name. The past he was trying to run away from is coming back to him.

"Why do you wanna know about Pam so bad? She was my past, okay, so let's just move on"

"Don't I deserve to know about your past?" Win replied, voice full of rage.

"Win, I really don't wanna talk about this" he rubbed his forehead.

"Why? Don't tell me...you're still in love with her?"

"I love you Win and you know that as well. So why are we discussing about her?"

"Because I wanna know."

Bright took a sigh and walked closer to Win. "Pam..." he hesitated "...was my ex-girlfriend"

"What kind of person was your ex-girlfriend?"

Bright grabbed Win's hand and took him to the couch. They sat next to each other and Bright began talking.

"Pam and I were childhood friends and each other's first love. Ever since my mom passed away and I had to move to America, she was the only one there for me. She was nice and caring. We both grew up and felt attracted to each other so we started dating.

While we were dating, I never felt like there was any problem with her because she was nice to everyone. But the problem began when I had to take over my father's business in Canada."