Chapter 12

*Song recommended (Hate You by Jungkook) happy reading*
...

"What?!"

"Didn't you know that already? He is Bright Vachirawit Chivaree the CEO of the VC company"

^^
The world around me faded into nothingness, as my mind struggled to process what had just happened. How could he betray me like this? I had put my faith in him, believing he was unlike Drake, but now I see I was mistaken. I can't help but blame myself for not doing enough research on his character before letting him into my life. The pain I feel now is no one's fault but my own.

"Win hey are you okay?" Drake shook my shoulder but I just couldn't come back to my senses. "Do you want me to get you something? Water or medicine or-"

"Win!!" Bright called.

The sound of his voice echoed in my ears, but I couldn't muster the courage to confront him. The truth that I had uncovered was too painful to face, so I chose to avoid him. I hoped that by ignoring him, he would take the hint and leave me alone.

As I stepped out of the door, my mind was in a haze. I wandered, not knowing where my feet would take me. The pain of betrayal was overwhelming, leaving me feeling lost and alone. How could it all end like this? I had just begun to open up to someone, to trust again, to love again. And now, it was all shattered, leaving me to pick up the pieces of my broken heart.

^^
Third person pov

Bright dragged Drake towards a dark corner and banged him on the wall. He grabbed Drake's collar and started punching him.

"What the hell did you do to him? Haven't you done enough damage to him already? What do you want from him damn it." Bright yelled feeling the anger taking control of his body.

Drake spat out the blood in his mouth and grinned. "And I thought you were a nice competition" Bright narrowed his brow and punched Drake's stomach.

"You will never be able to take Win from me. He is mine." Bright placed a punch on his face again but Drake smirked.

"I don't think you should be here wasting your time on me right now. You should be finding Win."

"What do you mean? Did you do something to him you bastard" Bright was about to punch him again when Drake interrupted?

"I just told him the truth mr.CEO" Bright's eyes widened. No, he didn't. He couldn't possibly have told his truth to Win.

"What?" Drake pushed Bright and straightened his shirt. "I thought he deserved to know the truth about you, sir. I was doing my job as one of the colleagues from your company."

Bright sprinted out from the door in search of Win. He didn't intend to hide the truth but now everything had gone the wrong way.

"WIN" he shouted. Win was sitting in the middle of the road and it was raining heavily.

He ran towards the latter and covered him with his coat. "Win, are you okay?" No reply. There was no expression on Win's face. Not even a single frown or tear was visible on his face.

"Win let me take you home. You'll catch cold this way." Bright tried to hold on to Win and make him stand up but instead, Win pushed his hand away.

"Go away" he whispered. Bright knew he fucked up badly this time but he had to fix this.

"Win let me explain. Please listen to me"
Rain poured down, drenching Win in his sorrow. He was yet again betrayed by someone he trusted.

He stood up and started walking forward. Bright kept shouting Win's name but he never even once stopped or looked back at Bright. He kept walking forward. Bright's voice was the last thing he wanted to hear right now.