31

L O R E N Z O

I lounged in the comfort of my home, the familiar surroundings offering little solace from the tumultuous thoughts swirling in my mind. The day's events replayed in my head like a broken record, each moment with Carmen etched in my memory with a bitter clarity.

Camilla's arrival interrupted my reverie, her expression a mix of concern and disapproval. I braced myself for her inevitable interrogation, knowing full well the consequences of my actions.

"What are you thinking, hanging out with your ex?" Camilla's voice cut through the silence, her tone laden with disapproval.

I sighed, running a hand through my hair as I attempted to gather my thoughts. "We were just catching up, Camilla. It's not like that."

She narrowed her eyes, clearly unconvinced by my explanation. "Well, Azzurra isn't so happy about it. I managed to get her to talk to you, but when she saw it, she didn't want to talk to you anymore."

Her words hit me like a sucker punch to the gut, the realization of Azzurra's reaction sending a pang of guilt coursing through me. "She wanted to talk?" I repeated, my voice barely above a whisper.

Camilla nodded solemnly, her gaze unwavering. "Yes, Lorenzo. She wanted to talk, but seeing you with Carmen... it didn't sit well with her."

I clenched my jaw, the frustration and confusion swirling within me like a tempest. "But she left with Micheal, so I don't understand why she's upset," I countered, my mind grasping at straws in an attempt to rationalize the situation.

Camilla sighed, her frustration mirroring my own. "It's not about Micheal, Lorenzo. It's about you and Azzurra. There's still unresolved tension between you two, and seeing you with someone else... it's complicated."

Her words struck a chord within me, the truth of her assessment ringing painfully true. The complexities of my relationship with Azzurra were like a tangled web, each thread representing a moment of joy, pain, and longing. And now, with Carmen thrown into the mix, the delicate balance seemed to teeter on the edge of chaos.

I ran a hand through my hair, the weight of Camilla's words settling heavily upon my shoulders. "I didn't mean to upset her," I admitted, the sincerity of my words belying the tumultuous emotions raging within me.

Camilla offered me a sympathetic smile, her eyes softening with understanding. "I know, Lorenzo. But sometimes, intentions aren't enough. You need to talk to her, clear the air. She's hurting, whether she admits it or not."

Her words echoed in the confines of my mind, a constant reminder of the rift between Azzurra and me. Despite our tumultuous past, there was still a lingering connection between us, a bond that refused to be severed by time or distance.

"I'll talk to her," I promised, the determination in my voice a silent vow to mend what had been broken. As Camilla nodded in approval, I knew that the road ahead would be fraught with challenges. But if there was one thing I was certain of, it was my unwavering resolve to win back the heart of the woman who still held mine captive.

I stared at the phone in my hand, the weight of each passing moment amplifying the tumult of emotions swirling within me. Azzurra's name illuminated the screen, a silent invitation to bridge the chasm that had widened between us.