6

L O R E N Z O

The morning sunlight painted a warm glow across the mansion, and as I navigated my way to the kitchen, the sight of Camilla and Mason on the couch caught my attention. They were wrapped up in each other's arms, exchanging sweet kisses. The picture they painted ignited a twinge of longing within me, a wishful imagining of what it would be like if it were Azzurra and me cuddled on that couch.

With a shake of my head, I focused on making some coffee. As the aroma filled the air, I heard the soft padding of footsteps. Azzurra descended the staircase, her presence immediately brightening the room. "Hey, princess," I greeted, a playful smirk tugging at my lips.

She blushed, an endearing eye-roll accompanying her response. "Hey yourself, mob boss." The banter between us had become a comfortable routine.

Deciding to change things up a bit, I offered, "Tea?" Azzurra nodded, and I set about preparing it for her. As I handed her the cup, she playfully placed a finger on my lips, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "Are you sure you want to kiss me looking like this?" she teased, gesturing to the lovebirds on the couch.

I chuckled, taking her playful challenge in stride. "Why not? It adds a bit of excitement, don't you think?" I winked at her before leaning in for a kiss. Camilla gasped dramatically, and Mason looked up from his clueless state, blinking at the unexpected scene.

"When did you two happen?" Camilla exclaimed, her eyes wide with surprise.

Azzurra pulled away, her eyes gleaming with amusement. "Oh, no, no, we didn't 'happen,'" she clarified, emphasizing the air quotes. "Just a casual morning kiss between friends, right, Lorenzo?"

I smirked, appreciating her playful approach. "Absolutely. Just friends enjoying a morning moment." The twinkle in her eyes hinted at a shared secret, one that didn't necessarily need to be unveiled.

Camilla, seemingly satisfied with the clarification, returned her attention to Mason. "Well, back to our lovey-dovey cocoon," she declared, snuggling back into Mason's embrace.

Mason, still puzzled, shook his head slightly, not quite grasping what had just transpired. As they resumed their cozy cuddling, Azzurra and I exchanged a glance, an unspoken understanding lingering between us. Our connection was unique, a blend of friendship, teasing, and a hint of something more unspoken.

Continuing with the morning routine, Azzurra and I joined Camilla and Mason on the couch, creating a comfortable space for laughter and conversation. The air was filled with light banter, shared stories, and the warmth of camaraderie. Despite the playful act we put on, there was an underlying current of connection that left me looking forward to more mornings like this, where the boundaries between friends and something more remained delightfully blurry.

Dressed for the day, Azzurra was engrossed in the intricate dance with her makeup. However, what started as a serene morning ritual soon transformed into a comedy of errors. Frustration mounted, and the mascara, in particular, seemed to test her patience.

I watched, thoroughly entertained, as she yelled at her reflection, her Italian temper flaring. When the mascara ended up on her cheek rather than her lashes, she reached her breaking point. The crescendo of her screams and exclamations filled the room.

"Merda! This is impossible! Stupido mascara!" she exclaimed, her voice echoing off the walls. I couldn't help but smirk at the spectacle unfolding before me.