11

L O R E N Z O

The phone call rattled me to my core, the words "Azzurra escaped" echoing like an ominous drumbeat. Panic surged through me, and I dialed my men, urgency in my voice as I barked orders. Every resource at my disposal mobilized to find her before the mental hospital did.

The search led us through a labyrinth of alleyways and shadowy corners, each step fueling my anxiety. Finally, we caught up with them. A girl with brown hair, Sofia, cradled Azzurra in her arms. Azzurra, unconscious and vulnerable, looked like a fragile doll in Sofia's protective embrace.

"What happened?" I demanded, my eyes piercing into Sofia's.

Sofia's tear-stained face spoke volumes. "We couldn't stay there. Azzurra couldn't endure it anymore. We had to escape."

The gravity of Azzurra's situation sank in. I felt a mix of anger, fear, and profound relief at having found her. Sofia continued her account, detailing their struggle against the oppressive environment of the mental hospital.

"She needs help," Sofia pleaded, her eyes reflecting the turmoil they had endured. "We can't go back there. Please, don't let them take her back."

My jaw clenched, fists tight with frustration. The system had failed her, and I vowed not to let it happen again. "We won't let them take her. She deserves better than that place."

Azzurra stirred in Sofia's arms, her eyes fluttering open. Confusion clouded her gaze before recognition set in. "Lorenzo?" she whispered, vulnerability and relief mingling in her voice.

I knelt beside them, brushing a strand of hair from Azzurra's face. "I'm here, mi amore."

Sofia explained their escape, the injustice they faced, and the desperation that led them to this moment. Azzurra clung to my presence, a lifeline in the chaos surrounding her.

"We'll figure this out," I assured her, my resolve unwavering. "No one will separate us again."

As my men secured our escape route, I held Azzurra close, vowing to protect her from the shadows that had haunted her. Together, we faced an uncertain future, but I was determined to rewrite the narrative and ensure she found the peace she deserved.

Once we arrived at the sanctuary of my mansion, a place I hoped would bring solace to Azzurra, I wasted no time in summoning our family doctor. Both Azzurra and Sofia were examined with meticulous care, their well-being my top priority.

The doctor, a seasoned professional who had tended to my family for years, conducted a thorough examination. His steady hands and discerning eyes assessed any signs of physical distress or emotional turmoil. Azzurra's vulnerability, coupled with Sofia's protective instincts, underscored the gravity of their escape.

As the examinations unfolded, the doctor's expression remained unreadable. I stood by, anxiety gnawing at me, until he finally addressed us. "Physically, they seem relatively unharmed. However, the emotional toll is undeniable."

Azzurra's eyes met mine, a silent plea for understanding. Sofia, though a pillar of support, wore the weight of their shared struggle. The doctor continued, offering recommendations for their recovery and emphasizing the need for a supportive environment.

"You both need rest," the doctor advised. "Physical wounds will heal, but the scars of what you've endured will require time and care."

𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐑𝐄|| 18+ ✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara