Chapter 8 : I think I found the love of my life

Okay. It will be fine. It will be our first public apparition since his stay at the hospital. We have to be perfect. We have to show to the world how much we love each other. We have to show to the world how healthy he is. We have to show the world how everything is great.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror.

My hair was wrapped in a towel on the top of my head, and my body too, Hilda's hand on my cheek wasn't visible anymore, and my eyes weren't red or puffy even if I just had a mental breakdown.

I was super happy that Link dated me tonight, of course, but I couldn't get over what happened today. Between my talk with Hilda – who kinda told me to burn in hell – and what a crazy girl just did to my car, maybe it was a bit too much for me.

But... there were reverse Triforces, and that girl wrote 'Go to Hell' on my doors... What if it was Hilda ?

I kept thinking about it. Hilda was discreet and terrified about everything, so maybe she didn't do it. But now Ganondorf was no longer with her and her friends were constantly glued to her, maybe she started getting bold and acted like them ?

That's a possibility.

I have to talk to her. I had to clarify it with her. And with that stupid 'heavenlink' too.

I sighed and took my two necklaces. One from Mother with a medal where Lanayru's symbol was engraved, the other from Link with a white quartz filled with many Silent Princesses' petals.

The wisdom and inner peace.

I tied them around my neck and let out a frustrated groan.

Why do I constantly think about the negative sides of my life while I'm about to go to a lovely date with the love of my life ? I should focus on him and forget all that mess.

Yes, that was what I would do tonight. I will focus on him, on that incredible man, on my amazing boyfriend. On the love of my life.

I dried my hair and tied them with my two braids before I did a light make up. It was a bit fancier than what I usually wore but that was still natural. Because I knew how much he liked it.

Alright. I'm still on time and I only have to dress up. It will be okay.

I came out of the bathroom – only wearing my towel – and saw Link playing with his drumsticks. He seemed so happy to practice again, his head moving along the song he was listening to while he was hitting his books with his sticks, making them spin in his hand sometimes.

I leaned against the door, and looked at him with a smile. How was it possible to be... perfect like that ? To be strong and precise while he was playing or practicing his sports, but also kind and sweet when we were together or protective when he had to ? And to be handsome as hell, above everything ?

He can't only be human. It's impossible. He should be a sort of deity.

« Hey Princess. », he said with a smile, pulling his ear plugs off. « You're beautiful. »

« Hey. I'm only wearing my towel, you know ? », I chuckled, feeling my cheeks blushing. « Beautiful shouldn't be the word that describes me best. »

« Maybe that's why you're that beautiful. », he said, walking towards me.

He took my chin in his left hand while his right one softly touched my waist. My body was pressed against the wall behind me but it didn't stop him from leaning towards me, pulling my waist against him before he softly put his lips on mine.