MACKENZIE:

I lay flowers at my brother's grave. My twin brother. Archie. I called him Archer since he was so passionate about archery. I miss him. He was only thirteen when he died. I remember it so clearly. We were playing near the train tracks. He got his shoe stuck. All it took was one minute. One minute he was there, one minute he wasn't. I feel the rain trickle down from the sky as I kiss my hand and place it on his head stone. "I miss you Arch," I say. I walk away from his grave knowing I should head to school.

On the way though I see someone near the entrance of the graveyard. I approach them, only to hear a low growling sound as they hunch over something. Or should I say someone as I notice a body laying on the ground. "Hey is everything okay?" I ask as they snap their head in my direction.

What the fuck? This person don't look human. If anything it looks like something out of one of Ash's comics. I grab the closest thing to me. Which ofcourse is a fucking shovel. I swing it at the creature in front of me, which is now standing up and stumbling over to me, almost like an animal that has a broken leg. I manage to lunge at them and smash their head in with the shovel. I am in a sense of shock as I watch this thing thud on to the ground. I have never killed a living thing. Although something tells me that this creature was not living.

I rush to the school parking lot where I see Ash with Bryn, Knox and Drix. They all look shocked and concerned. I follow their stare towards another creature coming their way. I sneak up behind it, only to hear Bryn.

"What the fuck is that?" she asks.

I can hear the fear in her voice. I don't blame her for being scared, I mean I am. No one knows what these creatures and whether they are still human or not. If they are still human then am I going to prison for killing one? I hope not. I smack the creature in the head from behind. The small group of teens look at me shocked at what I have just done. I hear the creature growl and try to grab my legs from on the floor. I bash its skull in, until it is nothing but mush.

"You give off the impression you want to murder everything you look at," a voice from behind me says.

I know that voice from anywhere. I turn around to see the goddess of my life. She may not be mine yet, but she owns my heart. Ruelle. Rue. I give her the biggest smile ever.