𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓮𝓵𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷

She could tell that he was holding back tears as he placed the handcuffs on her, they were gentle with her, and the officers around him gave him no grief as they saw her being arrested but his heart was breaking the whole time.

The way she said his name, his body trembled slightly, he hated the way it had to be like this and he hated the thought of not being able to do anything to help her.

"I don't want to do this Colette, I don't want this at all." He looked at her as his breath heaved.

"You've got to Tim, you've got to," Colette muttered, feeling smaller than she ever had before, feeling so weak rather than so satisfied, it was like the world's worst hangover hitting her tenfold.

His heart broke when he saw her shrink back, he wanted nothing more than to pull her into his arms and never let her leave, but he realized that he couldn't do that now.

"Yes, I do" he admitted softly, he was fighting very hard to stop himself from letting the tears run down his face as he led her from the crowd and into the car.

She climbed into the car, she felt like a prisoner, his words had been gentle but the feeling of being locked away was too familiar for her to be able to feel okay with this scenario.

Her breaths were still short as she sat back into the car seat, her mind and body were exhausted but her heart was beating out of her chest.

Her stomach twisted, her chest heaving as she began to dry heave, the adrenaline wearing off as her body processed that it no longer had to fight.

The entire car was filled with the sound of her heaving, her body was finally letting go of the rush of adrenaline that had kept her going all day and now her body was just exhausted.

His heart broke for her, seeing her like this only made everything so much worse for him but he also hated seeing her like this.

"Are you going to be okay?" He asked her, he could barely get the words out without his voice breaking.

Dry heaves turned to genuine nausea, her throat filling with bile as her body finally acknowledged the lack of food and sleep, finally letting its guard down in the presence of her man.

His hands gripped tightly to the steering wheel as he felt his heartbreak, he knew how much his presence meant to her and seeing her like this was killing him. He kept a close eye on her as her body gave out, she looked so weak that he could see the worry and exhaustion in her eyes.

"Colette, are you going to be sick?" He asked her, "Do you need me to pull over?"

The only response he earned was a retch as she released all her built-up anxiety onto the floor of his police car, unable to breathe as she hyperventilated, her lungs begging for oxygen but her stomach punishing her for her foolishness.

Tim turned to look at her as he saw her retch and realised she was going to be sick, his heart broke for her but he also felt a deep anger that could rise within him at any moment at the fact that someone had hurt her so badly and brought her to this point.

He pulled the car over and stepped out as he ran to her side, he took one knee so that he could see her properly. "Are you going to be sick?" He asked her, his voice choked as his breath felt weak.

She looked at him as she shook, covered in her own spit, vomit and sweat, her head foggy and feeling faint all she could sob out was, "I'm sorry, I'll clean it up, Tim, I promise I'll clean it up."

His heart broke for her as he saw her in such a state, her body was weak and she looked like she could fall unconscious at any moment.

His breath was short as he moved closer to her, his hands reached out and grabbed her shoulders, gently holding her as she shivered from how ill she felt.