𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓼𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷

Colette let out a laugh walking into her office, when she'd asked Angela to take all the gifts out of her hospital room and put them somewhere safe this was not what she meant.

It was her first day back in the office, she'd been doing a lot of work from home, Grey's orders, and recovering physically and psychologically, but she knew it was time for her to come back to work.

All the petals from the bouquets she received she had professionally pressed, wanting to save them, but seeing the stuffed animals on the couch in her office made her giggle, now knowing where they'd gone after weeks of wondering about their whereabouts.

Ironically she was back for the day she'd be needed most, 'Plain Clothes Day.' Her problem with the day was that the Rookies had full control over whether they could contact her or not, and they took every opportunity to check in on suspects' backgrounds without considering the severity of the situation.

Once Colette stepped into the office, Angela rushed up to her with a wide grin across her face. "I'm so glad you're back, I can relax now at least, I've been stressing out." Angela hugged her and was glad to have her back, but her expression soon changed from one of joy to one of worry. "Do you need me to get rid of any of these?" she asked, pointing towards all of the cards, flowers and stuffed animals that were strewn across various parts of her office.

"No, they're good decorations, however, I'll have to take these little guys," she gestured to the stuffed animals, "home with me."

"Of course," Angela nodded with a small smile on her face, "We tried to keep the cards and flowers organized but there were just so many we had no idea what to do with them all," she replied. She was just happy that Colette was back in the office but she could tell that her friend was still in a little bit of a fragile state.

"I got a new turtle," Colette informs Angela.

Angela's eyes widened in surprise when Colette informed her of the new addition to her home, her friend had always been such a big animal lover. "That's so amazing," she replies, an excitement on her face. "What did you call it?"

"Clifford." Colette grinned, talking about her new pet, she'd found him at an animal shelter, newly surrendered, he was just a bit older than Fluffy.

"Clifford?" Angela chuckles, the name was unexpected but it certainly suited her friend. "He's gorgeous," she said and she could see how Colette had immediately fallen in love with him. He was just as adorable as Fluffy. It made sense for her to bring a pet back home with her, she'd have someone to come back home to and take care of in the evening.

"I was debating getting a cat for a while or a dog, but I figured with everything going on I'll just stick with the turtles for a bit." Colette set her bag down on the floor, wincing a bit when she bent down.

"That's a good idea," Angela chimed in, she knew that it was probably the smartest thing to do right now. As Colette set her bag down, Angela immediately noticed that her friend was wincing and so her worry and concern began to rise again. "Are you sure you're really okay?" she asked in an urgent tone, "I mean, you've just been attacked and I feel like maybe you should be taking the day off at least."

"No it's fine i'm practically healed and I'm sick of rotting at home and now that my mom has a key she takes it as her queue to keep me on the sofa all day." Colette sits in her chair, letting out a sigh of relief as she sits in that familiar chair.

"You're sure you're actually alright though?" Angela says once again, still not convinced. They were best friends and she knew the situation had taken a toll on her. "You're not being pressured by Grey to come back early are you?" She was worried that he was pushing her too quickly and she had mentioned a couple of weeks ago that she felt like she was being pushed into her job too soon, so Angela didn't want that to happen again.