𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓼𝓲𝔁

When she awoke in the hospital bed, she could see the sight of him by her side. "How long was I out?" she asked him, her voice still weak and her eyes slightly closed, she was struggling to keep them open and focused.

"A day," he responded, it sounded like she had been asleep for so much longer so it took her by surprise to learn it had only been a day. "You lost so much blood and you were in shock, they thought you wouldn't make it in the first few hours but luckily you're a fighter."

"Why are you here?" Colette questioned, her eyes struggling to adjust to the light, she felt so weak.

"Isabel got shot," he said softly, he had been by her side the whole time since the attack, waiting for her to wake up. She could feel him staring at her but his eyes weren't filled with anger, he just looked very concerned and stressed, he was concerned for her health.

"She got shot?" Colette muttered, mostly to herself as she listened to the still muffled words.

"Yes," he responded, his tone was slightly sombre and dark, it was obvious what had happened to Isabel had truly gotten to him. "She's going to make it."

"Am I going to make it?" Her skin was pale and sallow, She didn't at all look like herself, she wasn't Colette, she felt as if she was trapped inside a body that wasn't her own, as if a statue, too weak to even speak.

He sighed, he hated being blunt but he knew it was important that he was clear and precise. "You will but..." he paused, taking a breath. "We're not yet out of the woods yet."

"I want my mom and dad." She whimpered, if this was any other situation she'd have laughed at the patheticness of her words but she felt like the sickly child she had been all those years ago.

Tim held her hand, he could feel her fingers trembling slightly and her hand was ice cold. The feeling of vulnerability was difficult to see in her. "They're just outside, and I know they want to see you. And I promise you, Colette, you're going to be okay."

"You need to sit with Isabel." She mumbled, trying to move her hand away from his.

"No," he said softly, wrapping his hand around her hand, making it impossible for her to pull it away. "I'm not going anywhere."

"But your wife's been shot." She slurs.

"I am not leaving your side," he said firmly, there was no reasoning with him. He wasn't leaving her side until he knew she was absolutely fine. "I'm not letting you out of my sight."

"It's because she's stable and they think I'm gonna die isn't it?" Colette tiredly chuckled, she knew as soon as she woke up and saw the amount of machines in the room it wasn't looking good.

"We don't know yet," he said, it was obvious that his anxiety was only growing with every passing second. His face filled with a mixture of stress, worry and even concern. The last thing he wanted to do was to lose her. "You're in the best hands, Colette. They're doing everything they can and so am I."

"He said-" she paused and took a deep breath, her chest producing a rasping sound, "He said this was Rocco's debt."

He was surprised by the revelation of the attacker telling her that this was Rocco's debt, his head snapping to hers with a look of intrigue and concern. He waited for her to finish before he spoke again. "Who said that?"