𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮

"No, but seriously what's it like dating a celebrity?" John asked Jackson, the five of them sat around a table.

"Awesome, he can always get a reservation and the parties are sick," Jackson tells them, John's mouth agape and Lucy and Colette smile at one another.

"Reservations," John whispers in amazement. Colette lets out a giggle at that and takes a sip of her coke.

"Well, we're happy that you're happy," Lucy tells the man, which Nick raises a brow at.

"Liar." The table burst into laughter, Colette leaning her head on John's shoulder as she chuckled, it was her first time going out ever since getting out of the hospital, and her medical leave ending tomorrow.

"No, No, I am, it's just... men suck." Lucy proclaimed to which Colette held out her glass.

"Cheers to that," She giggled, taking a sip of her drink after the two clinked their glasses together.

"Ouch." John pretended to be offended.

"Okay no- the single men in LA suck." Lucy tries to defend, "Every time I go on a date and they find out I'm a cop, they get scared."

"Exactly, when men find out I can perform background checks it always freaks them out, makes you wonder what these men are trying to hide, and usually it's offshore accounts." Colette backs up Lucy, getting where she was coming from.

"Except for the freak that begged you to pepper-spray his junk." Jackson mentioned, "And the guy that wanted Colette to spit cherry pits into his mouth from across the table."

"Oh, Peter Pepper-Balls, and Colette you definitely need to tell me that story later." John looked between the two girls, Colette grimacing at the mention of the man she went on a date with.

"Wow, I told you that in confidence," Lucy told Jackson as he continued to laugh.

"Those aren't men, those are boys, OK?
Real men aren't afraid of strong women." Nick reaffirmed, the two women's smiles brightening at that, "Also I hate to be the bearer of bad news but dating a civilian, it's a bad idea."

"I was told dating cops was a mistake." Lucy said, "What am I supposed to do join a nunnery?"

"Well Sister Officer Lucy Chen, let me tell you cops are just as bad." Colette stroked her arm as she thought about one cop in general.

"No, I'm saying end of shift means leaving the job behind when you go home but I'm success each of you will catch cases that will kick your ass, that will consume your every waking thought." Nick chuckled, Colette, raising a brow at that statement.

"Not me though, you all stay safe," Colette spoke up, earning a laugh from everyone at the table.

"And non-cops won't be able to identify?" Jackson was intrigued by the subject.

"Worse, they resent you for caring more about the dead than the living." He replies, John, turning his head to look at the man.

"Was your wife on the job?" John asked.

"No, she was an elementary school teacher, kept me sane- totally sane." Nick awkwardly laughed, the rest of them looking at him with sympathy, "I don't know what I did for her, made her laugh, I guess, on a good day, anyway, time for another round."

"No, don't worry, I'll get it." Colette offered while standing up, smoothing out her skirt and walking to the bar, pushing past some people as she excused herself.

"Excuse me." She reached the bar and held up her pitcher to get the attention of the bar tender, not noticing the man next to her, staring at her.

"Yeah, okay," She sighed as she watched the bartender ignore her.