Chapter 50

After 1 year

"That's all. You can take your leave." I dismissed. Students immediately scattered away to leave.

I pick up my things and went to my office. Binabati pa ako ng estudyanteng nadadaanan ko.

Bago pumasok sa office ay nakita ko si Bea papalapit. Umiling ito saakin, I could only stare at her coldly before heading inside my office.

No news about her. 1 year. I've been waiting for a year. Desperately waiting for some news about her but none arrive. She disappeared without a trace. Like a storm.

Gone quickly but left a damage that is hard to forget.

I quietly did my work then went home afterwards. I stared at the four walls of my condo. Every place has a memory of her. Kusina, sala, kwarto, hallway.

She's all I can think of.

They say that a person will go through different stages if they are hurt. I was depressed before when I found out she died. The only coping mechanism I did was staying at her graveyard.

But now it's different. I was in denial that morning. In denial of her leaving me helpless.

Next was the pain. The thought of her not being by my side hurts me.

Then I was mad at her. Because why would she leave? Wala ba siyang tiwala saakin?

Then there was depression. The grief. The pain of losing someone I love dearly forever hurts my heart. I was sad and hopeless.

But in the end, I accepted her leaving me.

Sino ako para pigilan siya sa nag iisang bagay na makakapag pakalma ng konsensya niya?

So I tried finding her. Hindi ko siya nahanap, so I'm waiting now. Waiting for her to comeback.

I came back doing one of the things I love while waiting for her- teaching. I still work at Tito Lucas company but I'm more hands on sa pagtuturo.

After all, we were able to meet because of it.

I continued my days as usual. I tried going back to my life before I met her. Work, party, meet up with friends. She would be happy if she finds out that I am trying to be normal even though she's gone.

"Aiko!" Naiiritang tawag ni kuya saakin nang matumba ako sa hagdan.

I giggled. I pulled him and hugged his arm.

"You're drunk again." He stated.

"This is becoming your habit." He said again.

"T-This is the only thing that helps, kuya." I told him.

Helps in making me sleep. God knows how hard I've been trying to sleep in those days. I've tried sleeping pills. Pero bawal araw arawin. So I chose alcohol instead.

"Is there still no news about her?"

I smiled sheepishly before leaning on his shoulder. My smile quickly went away as I felt a lump in my throat.

"I still c-can't find her, Kuya..." I sobbed in his shoulder. Niyakap niya ako kaagad.

"Shhh..."

Sumobsob ako sa balikat niya at doon umiyak hanggang sa makatulog ako.

"Ma'am..."

"Ma'am Dawson...."

I slowly open my eyes. Kita na ang papasikat na araw sa labas. I can hear the birds humming outside. The dark sky turns into light orange as the sun takes over.